Becoming an adult Watch

username4501262
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all,

I'm a recent graduate and I'm currently working full time.

I wanted to make a list of not-so-obvious, but important, things that people should be doing in order to yield long-term (and maybe short-term) benefits.

For instance I've recently learned the importance of having a good credit score so I've started to build up my credit history.

What sort of other stuff should fresh graduates, or students, look into in order to "become adults" ?

Thanks
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by meyerpistone)
Hi all,

I wanted to make a list of not-so-obvious, but important, things that people should be doing in order to yield long-term (and maybe short-term) benefits.

For instance I've recently learned the importance of having a good credit score so I've started to build up my credit history.

What sort of other stuff should fresh graduates, or students, look into in order to "become adults" ?

Thanks
What do you mean to ‘become adults’. Adult life in general or education and career wise?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username4501262
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
What do you mean to ‘become adults’. Adult life in general or education and career wise?
I mean to do things that responsible people do and things that are not obvious to young people who are students or who just started their careers

I gave you an example
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Check your getting the best deal financially, whether thats a monthly bill or a big purchase like a phone, it doesn't take long to google a product or go on a price comparison site, and check every so often you're getting your best bill. If you've moved out, check your meter readings often, you don't want to realise after three months that your electricity or gas has gone into debt.

Hi all,

Thanks
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
I mean to do things that responsible people do and things that are not obvious to young people who are students or who just started their careers

I gave you an example
Judging by that you want to understand more about the general tips on adulthood. This is a quite hard one to explain because the best way you will learn is through first hand experience. Credit score is definitely very important, perhaps plans for long term such as buying a house or a car so having a good budget. Being consistent with whatever you choose to do and to take responsibility rather than complaining. The more niche for a graduate is to get relevant experience in industries and update CV gradually, short term objectives for a working role and long term.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username4501262
Rep:
?
Thanks!

What do you think about the government help to buy scheme?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (162)
18.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (86)
9.89%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (145)
16.67%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (125)
14.37%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (84)
9.66%
How can I be the best version of myself? (268)
30.8%

Watched Threads