Uni in London Watch

hazele
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Can anyone tell me what it’s actually like to go to uni in London as someone from a pretty average background monetarily? My mam wouldn’t be able to help me out financially at all, would uni life in London be miserable/more stressful in this case? I’ve heard that most people have a lot of help from their parents/family as it’s so expensive and student loans don’t cover everything.
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hazele)
Can anyone tell me what it’s actually like to go to uni in London as someone from a pretty average background monetarily? My mam wouldn’t be able to help me out financially at all, would uni life in London be miserable/more stressful in this case? I’ve heard that most people have a lot of help from their parents/family as it’s so expensive and student loans don’t cover everything.
Not going to lie - London is a very expensive city, particularly in regard to things like second and third year accomodation. Lots of people who study there do have rich families (not everyone, of course).

Do you really want to study in London or are you interested in other unis too?
Noodlzzz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I got a scholarship for UCL, something worth looking into. The reality is many get part-time jobs or live far from uni in 2nd + year.

I've studied in London for the past 6 years now and wouldn't swap it for anywhere else (cheaper or not!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (100)
16.84%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (63)
10.61%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (105)
17.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (90)
15.15%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (59)
9.93%
How can I be the best version of myself? (177)
29.8%

Watched Threads