PGCE teaching course Watch

gflang
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello,

I am studying environmental science and we cover many topics from ecology and water chemistry so was wondering whether this qualifies me to be able to teach science with biology for a PGCE? Or doe my degree subject only make me eligible for teaching geography? Again, as I said, my course covers a range of scientific topics but also has a lot of human science elements to it such as law and economics.

Thank you,
Grace
Blue_Cow
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gflang)
Hello,

I am studying environmental science and we cover many topics from ecology and water chemistry so was wondering whether this qualifies me to be able to teach science with biology for a PGCE? Or doe my degree subject only make me eligible for teaching geography? Again, as I said, my course covers a range of scientific topics but also has a lot of human science elements to it such as law and economics.

Thank you,
Grace
I *think* you can, but you might need to take Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE) courses...?

SarcAndSpark might have some ideas :ninja:
georgem93
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m sure you can, as said before an SKE may be required though.
sp00kymcflukey
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Once you're qualified you can teach whatever you are knowledgeable enough in. Initially, when training to teach, you'll need to half half of your degree in the relevant subject or subject area, so maybe a ske course will help you get onto a pgce for science - biology.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (68)
15.74%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (44)
10.19%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (81)
18.75%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (61)
14.12%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (46)
10.65%
How can I be the best version of myself? (132)
30.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed