Is it worth telling a teacher how you feel about them? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I really like my ex-teacher. She is honestly so so amazing and perfect!! I am 19 and at univeristy but I really like her, we do keep in contact by the school email and we do email to see she is getting on. I really like her and just want to tell her, I understand nothing will happen between the two of us.. she is also married anyways. But I just want her to know that I really admire her and how she's so perfect!!!
We both stay in contact so I'm sure she likes me as a student as I was teased in school how I was her "favourite" but I just want her to know how much I like her.

Is it worth telling her or do I keep my feelings to myself (which I have been doing for nearly a year now!!!)
gcse201819ni
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No way omg
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Blue_Cow
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I really like my ex-teacher. She is honestly so so amazing and perfect!! I am 19 and at univeristy but I really like her, we do keep in contact by the school email and we do email to see she is getting on. I really like her and just want to tell her, I understand nothing will happen between the two of us.. she is also married anyways. But I just want her to know that I really admire her and how she's so perfect!!!
We both stay in contact so I'm sure she likes me as a student as I was teased in school how I was her "favourite" but I just want her to know how much I like her.

Is it worth telling her or do I keep my feelings to myself (which I have been doing for nearly a year now!!!)
Move on.
Rainfall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
She’s married tf, useless information
Student-95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not yet. You need to suduce her first
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
MinaBee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The best thing for you to do would be to move on.
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Dont tell her how you feel.
What would you gain from it? She is married anyway.
baeoftae
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
LOL love is clearly blind 😂😂
Anonymous #1
I don't like her in a romantic way... I like her in a best friend way, how she is just so lovely and funny. Both of us got on well at school. And I just felt like telling her how she means alot to me and how she is so perfect!
I know she's married, she told me abit about her personal life whilst I was at school and even introduced me to her baby when she came into school.
hallamstudents
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

It's probably best not to tell her, she is married so it would be awkward for her. More importantly because you communicate via school email, what you say to her would be logged on the school system. Although you are an ex-pupil and nothing has happened between you, if her employer sees the email it could bring seriously threaten her position in the school as it brings her into question.

There's nothing wrong with thanking her for helping you etc or mentioning that you found her teaching valuable. Just make sure it's not inappropriate.

Lucy
velvethopes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you see her as a best friend then why would it matter if she's married?
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You sound like an over-enthusiastic twelve-year-old whose Ritalin prescription just expired. Grow up.
yzanne
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

100% do not tell her. Nothing to gain from it if she's married unfortunately
Anonymous #1
It doesn't- I just mentioned about her marriage as I didn't want users on here thinking I was attracted to her in a romantic way.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hallamstudents)
It's probably best not to tell her, she is married so it would be awkward for her. More importantly because you communicate via school email, what you say to her would be logged on the school system. Although you are an ex-pupil and nothing has happened between you, if her employer sees the email it could bring seriously threaten her position in the school as it brings her into question.

There's nothing wrong with thanking her for helping you etc or mentioning that you found her teaching valuable. Just make sure it's not inappropriate.

Lucy
Hi Lucy,

Thank you alot for the response. Does that mean all conversations that happen on email get kept?? I quite a while back spoke to her about personal issues such as sexuality/mental health... which she advised me on. I wouldn't want other people knowing about my private issues. Also, I called her an "angel" once, is that inappropriate!!?? (She had supported me alot..)
I didn't intend it to be!! And would never want her getting Into trouble!!

I'm just going to have to be careful now what I say when we do communicate through email...

Thank you!!
yzanne
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi Lucy,

Thank you alot for the response. Does that mean all conversations that happen on email get kept?? I quite a while back spoke to her about personal issues such as sexuality/mental health... which she advised me on. I wouldn't want other people knowing about my private issues. Also, I called her an "angel" once, is that inappropriate!!?? (She had supported me alot..)
I didn't intend it to be!! And would never want her getting Into trouble!!

I'm just going to have to be careful now what I say when we do communicate through email...

Thank you!!
Calling is someone an angel is no crime - just make sure your intentions are clear with her! obviously you don't want to be stepping on her husband/wife's toes...
dyllll
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Also, I called her an "angel" once,
I think I saw your thread on this lmao
Duncan2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you only see her as a friend, why do you want to tell her she’s “so amazing and perfect”? That’s a bit weird.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by dyllll)
I think I saw your thread on this lmao
Yes I did make on about calling her an "angel" as I didnt want It to have sounded inappropriate lol
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Duncan2012)
If you only see her as a friend, why do you want to tell her she’s “so amazing and perfect”? That’s a bit weird.
I do see her as a friend lol, because she is one of the few people who have really been there to support me when I needed it the most. And she IS amazing and perfect!! I've never met a person like her!! She's just so lovely.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (97)
16.78%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (61)
10.55%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (101)
17.47%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (88)
15.22%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (58)
10.03%
How can I be the best version of myself? (173)
29.93%

Watched Threads