Guys: what is too much makeup for you? Watch

DeepMeaning
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've always been curious about this.
For me my everyday makeup consists of concealer, eyebrow makeup, mascara, blush, and lipstick. Would you consider that as too much?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Not a guy fyi!! I wear mascara and blusher only and concealer under the eye sometimes. I think girls try too hard with makeup and ik everyone says it but less really is more. I used to do my eyebrows but then realised that they look fine on their own and that no one rly notices unless they’re too overdone. If it’s a bright lipstick then imo too much but a subtle one looks fine.
These are just my girl to girl makeup opinions, and ngl I don’t think many boys could name half of that makeup, let alone an eyelash curler 🙂 x
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anony95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't care what guys think of my makeup with or without it. It's for me, not them.
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It only generally becomes too much when too much eyeshadow is used and it becomes rather theatrical. Otherwise I don't mind a bit of obvious heavy foundation layering and thick lipstick.
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I personally never wear makeup, and at most do mascara and if I really wanna look fancy then eyebrows lightly. I hate the feeling of something sitting on my skin it makes me feel dirty.

My boyfriend doesn't like lipstick on girls, it just gets on everything your lips touch and its messy (although matt lipstick isn't as bad imo).

But my mom does foundation, blush, bronzer, mascara, eyebrows etc and she does it lightly so it doesn't look that heavy.
ecolier
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
https://i.imgur.com/FDivFqC.gifv
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Every day, rather than just evening out.
Kian Stevens
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's amazing how defensive some girls get when makeup is spoke about negatively... It's not hard to tell that some girls really do wear far too much makeup.

For me, 'too much' is probably when girls' faces are so shiny that they look like they're made out of metal, or when the colour of their faces doesn't match the complexion of the skin on the rest of their bodies.
Personally, I think girls' makeup looks better when it's light and looks natural. However, girls feel as though it's necessary, and think it looks attractive, to layer their faces with tons of makeup and make it far too heavy; most of the time it's far from nice looking.
Fair enough, there's the argument of girls 'only doing it for them' so why should any one else's opinion matter... But regardless of who they're doing it for, it's common sense to understand when you stop looking nice and just start looking a bit daft. Not to mention that argument is a bit weak, considering the craze of wearing far too much makeup is simply a platitudinous trend now, and not a genuinely unique trait to a handful of girls who do it to stand out or something.
Last edited by Kian Stevens; 4 weeks ago
CollectiveSoul
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DeepMeaning)
I've always been curious about this.
For me my everyday makeup consists of concealer, eyebrow makeup, mascara, blush, and lipstick. Would you consider that as too much?
when it's obvious you're wearing makeup, to a guy not paying particular attention to your skin (besides obviously when he can tell you're wearing it because he's seen you without)
Edcrown
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Natural look is always appealing. It depends on the guy though.
bethwantsdeath
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
you shouldnt change your makeup routine to impress guys. it doesnt matter what they think is “too much” if you enjoy doing it. its fine as long as you dont wear it due to insecurity and can still go bare faced without it being an issue.
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I like a girl with little to no makeup. I've always been one for the natural look
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Personally I really dislike makeup. If I notice it, it's too much as far as I'm concerned

Still, if it gives you happiness, don't let my distaste prevent you!
Johndoeskitty
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think this is a question that doesn't have a simple answer. The reality is not everyone is blessed with nice natural looks. Some girls need heavy makeup to look remotely decent. Also, even if someone is naturally beautiful, a certain heavy makeup look may look really cool on them due to their personal style (e.g. heavy goth makeup). I personally look fine without makeup, but heavy black eyeliner looks awesome on me because of the shape of my eyes. Any guy I've dated has never had an issue with my semi heavy makeup look, because it suits my face. The reality is if a girl looks pretty guys probably won't give a sh*t about how much makeup they've technically got on. It only becomes an 'issue' when the heavy makeup isn't done in a flattering way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.34%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.61%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.49%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (35)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.3%
How can I be the best version of myself? (73)
29.92%

Watched Threads