Should i include safestart in my CV? Watch

Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
At work, we have all had to do something called safestart (https://safestart.com/). To be honest, its a bit boring, and some of it is common sense. But we have had to do all 5 sessions, plus the refresher one and got a certificate at the end of it.
Im currently updating my CV. Im not looking for another job or anything, but its always useful to keep it up to date.
Anyway, should i put this on my CV? I was thinking of putting in the achievements section of my CV, but dont know how useful it would be.

Should i put it on or leave it off?
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
At work, we have all had to do something called safestart (https://safestart.com/). To be honest, its a bit boring, and some of it is common sense. But we have had to do all 5 sessions, plus the refresher one and got a certificate at the end of it.
Im currently updating my CV. Im not looking for another job or anything, but its always useful to keep it up to date.
Anyway, should i put this on my CV? I was thinking of putting in the achievements section of my CV, but dont know how useful it would be.

Should i put it on or leave it off?
i would only leave it on if it was relevant to that particular job, save the space for more important things.
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As above: relevancy would play a role here. I've had to do similar safety training for construction jobs and only my construction CV has my level 1 award, refresher certificates, etc. because they're only applicable to construction roles and some are essential to getting a CSCS card approved in the first place. My retail, supervisory, etc. doesn't have them listed.
Ryan_Clarke
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Should really be tailoring your CV to each position you apply for so only include in the jobs it’s relevant too
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ryan_Clarke)
Should really be tailoring your CV to each position you apply for so only include in the jobs it’s relevant too
Like i said, im not actually looking for a job at the moment. Just trying to keep my CV relatively up to date.
And this is a general award, not really related to any particular jobs. Quite a few workplaces do it though so ive been told.
Moments
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sounds like a CSCS card we have in construction.

Where are you in your career? For a grad or relatively early on, i'd put it down IF you have enough space to keep your CV under 3 pages.

Beyond your first or second job, id not even bother listing it as an achievement; just drop a line in your profile saying "I'm Safestart certified with a proven safety record at work".
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moments)
Sounds like a CSCS card we have in construction.

Where are you in your career? For a grad or relatively early on, i'd put it down IF you have enough space to keep your CV under 3 pages.

Beyond your first or second job, id not even bother listing it as an achievement; just drop a line in your profile saying "I'm Safestart certified with a proven safety record at work".
Thanks.
Im still early on ish in my career. Well ive got a stable job which im planning on keeping for the foreseeable future (if everything goes to plan).
I have plenty of space for it, so thats not a problem.
I think ill put it how you mentioned at the the bottom there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (95)
16.67%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (60)
10.53%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (100)
17.54%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (86)
15.09%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (57)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (172)
30.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed