Girl who rejected me showing interest now I’m in a relationship? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi guys,

How would you handle this one? Asked this girl out at work in January last year, she rejected me, and we remained friends and have had a good laugh over the last year. However I’ve since entered into a relationship, and now I find her sliding into my DMs, texting me, flirting with me, in ways she hasn’t done since before I asked her out. She’s even asked me to attend socials with her as she doesn’t want to go alone.

I don’t mind it too much, but it all feels a little weird, and wouldn’t want my current girlfriend getting the wrong idea. I don’t want this girl getting the wrong idea either.

Is this normal behaviour and should I say anything?
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I guess what you can't have is more alluring that something which is on a plate. A chance to get your own back.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Zarek)
I guess what you can't have is more alluring that something which is on a plate. A chance to get your own back.
Thanks, though not on a revenge mission!
goggleyed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
this is just what wahmen do, they never see the appeal in you until they see you with other women

in fact life has been like this for me in general. employers have regretted not hiring me after i got a job somewhere else and people suddenly wanna become friends with me when i made friends with others. its just how the world is. oh well, they had their chance and they lost it. let them live to regret it hee hee
tashkent46
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sounds like she has realised your value. Tell her you will attend a social with her and get her to come clean about how she feels, if she says she likes you proceed from there.

But don't risk your current relationship over someone who likes someone who is already in a relationship. Maybe her kink is you cheating, you never know with some people.
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's an example of social proof or whatever you want to call it.

You should listen to your instincts on this one. You know it's not right to reciprocate and she could be trying to mess up the relationship.

I would avoid. She had her opportunity when you were single, now that ship has sailed and she's going to have to swim alone.
tashkent46
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by UWS)
It's an example of social proof or whatever you want to call it.

You should listen to your instincts on this one. You know it's not right to reciprocate and she could be trying to mess up the relationship.

I would avoid. She had her opportunity when you were single, now that ship has sailed and she's going to have to swim alone.
Agreed unless she is very hot or there is something special about her back off, she may not have realised your value but now you can realise hers. She made a mistake and it's not your business to fix it.
Nxfisax
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You need to be careful. You don’t want your gf getting the wrong idea , your gf is your main priority . You shouldn’t interact with the other girl that often
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Women tend to go after preselected men. They are herd creatures in a sense.
YaliaV
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I agree that you should avoid her. Her behaviour is selfish (being kind). If she got you, she probably wouldn’t want you any more.
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ye thats pretty normal behaviour from women tbh lmao.

I would also avoid her because she might try some crazy **** like sabotaging your relationship.

Lots of red flags indicating she's a crazy sloot.
Last edited by ChickenMadness; 4 weeks ago
The Uniqueness
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You should have stopped communicating with her after she made the first decision.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
(Original post by The Uniqueness)
You should have stopped communicating with her after she made the first decision.
I couldn’t, we work side by side.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (34)
14.11%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.71%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.75%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.11%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (72)
29.88%

Watched Threads