Emmielang
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi
I have just applied for the RAF reserves as a Dental Nurse. I am 35 a mother of 2 and i just wanted some advice ....
I have a part time job as a dental nurse 4 days a week which I really enjoy but always wanted to join the RAF.
How many days in the year will the reserves want me? Im just thinking for annual leave in my current job?
Many thanks
Dontbetachy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
HI, I don't believe you need to use annual leave, I think the government ensures your employer gives you time off to attend the RAF as a reserve, (I know the NHS does).The RAF web page says you must be able to commit 27 days per year for 12 years minimum. Original post by Emmielang)
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Emmielang)
Hi
I have just applied for the RAF reserves as a Dental Nurse. I am 35 a mother of 2 and i just wanted some advice ....
I have a part time job as a dental nurse 4 days a week which I really enjoy but always wanted to join the RAF.
How many days in the year will the reserves want me? Im just thinking for annual leave in my current job?
Many thanks
Hi

You'll be required to take a block of two weeks each year for training/exercises - The first year is your initial/basic training at RAF Halton - but other than that it's one weekend per month for your training/work required on the Sqn you're on.

If you speak to your employer they should be able to advise you with regards to time off for Reserve support. They can also discuss this with the RAF if they need/want to.

You could also join the Regular RAF up to the age of 47 too as the age limit has just been increased.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (82)
18.68%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (125)
28.47%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (164)
37.36%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (55)
12.53%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
2.96%

Watched Threads