Online Surveys To Earn Money? Watch

m4tty4tw
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've heard and seen a lot about how you can potentially make money for filling out online surveys. I know it wouldn't be much but was just wondering whether they were actually real, whether anyone has any experiences completing them, and if anyone could recommend a specific one?
Thanks,
Matt
RandomTennisfan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
One I use is called the OpinionPanel; you sign up and accumulate points in which you can turn into vouchers for Amazon and other companies. They do pay for articles although you’re competing against a few others to have it voted the best, and a few times they will offer paid surveys but it’s not a consistent source for money coming in. It is also advantageous if you’re a student.
scorpion95
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I signed up to one can't remember which but you then have to sign up with a number of others that the that company has surveys with which are not all based in the UK and most don't offer cash for completed surveys. If there are a couple of paid ones they only pay about $1 US. Which you can only cash out when you have something like $30 or $100 which can take a fair few months.

I ended up deleting my account after a day which with some of the survey companies, it can be impossible as they have no contact details or way of accessing your account details to be able to close the account which you only find out after signing up. I wouldn't do it again. If you do sign up it would be a good idea to open a new email account which you use just for the surveys as it will clog up your inbox with multiple emails for the same survey which you might have done.

It would be worth just looking for UK based ones or as 'RandomTennisfan' said OpinionPanel are ok
Conniestitution
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would recommend Qmee - it is amazing! The pay isn’t high but you can cash money out straight to your PayPal. It also lets you download a plugin on chrome and when you’re browsing it’ll occasionally show you an ad - click on it, stay on the site for 5 seconds and you’ll get 5p for doing almost nothing.
The surveys are sometimes long but very rarely ask for a lot of engagement - they’re easy to do while watching TV and you’ll earn a few quid per evening off them once you’ve got a profile built up.

The disadvantage is the pay is low, but it IS actual money, not points. Obviously it’s not as good as a job, but such is life.

If anyone is interested in this, it’d be a massive help if you used my referral link - http://qm.ee/AAF0C9AD - obviously I can’t make you but I’d appreciate it :P

I’d definitely recommend signing up though, because even if you don’t like it you get about 20p just for doing the tutorial and you can immediately cash that out and then never go back.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Conniestitution
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
To follow up: I’ve used a few more websites, eg. Toluna, but every other one I’ve found just gives you points and there’s no instant reward - you have to build up a massive stash of points for a £5 gift card. I’ve also found that the points are very difficult to get as many of the exercises require you signing up for lots of trials and giving out all your details - I don’t trust that. There are a few gems, but they’re well hidden - I barely ever see anyone talk about Qmee, it’s all focused on things like Swagbucks.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
velvethopes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'd also recommend Qmee. During the summer when I had nothing better to do I managed to earn £35 in a week. Obviously not a lot of money, but for a survey service I'd say it's a lot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (95)
16.67%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (60)
10.53%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (100)
17.54%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (86)
15.09%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (57)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (172)
30.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed