Depressed and Stressed Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I have recently become very stressed and depressed about life after my degree. I really worry about being unemployed and being stuck as a retail assistant or something. Please help I feel like crying everday....

This really demotivates me and I feel like I will fail my degree because of it, what should I do?
hallamstudents
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

I have recently become very stressed and depressed about life after my degree. I really worry about being unemployed and being stuck as a retail assistant or something. Please help I feel like crying everday....

This really demotivates me and I feel like I will fail my degree because of it, what should I do?
Hey,
Im going through a similar thing at the moment. I'm in third year and struggling to juggle doing my work and applying for jobs and attending interviews and assessment centres! I think the key is persistence!! My friend has been to lots of job interviews and assessment centres and he was getting frustrated but he kept going and now has a fab grad job in London! You've got to put things into perspective as well, if you don't end up getting a job straight away its not the worst thing in the world, youll just get regular job while you carry on looking so don't worry too much! And remember your not on your own!
Hope this helps,
Sophia
username4316350
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
apply for jobs then othrtwise ur just running from it. and in turn u probably will end up u/e
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Go to your GP. Get help for your mental health, you might benefit from counselling.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (159)
18.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (84)
9.84%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (142)
16.63%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (122)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (82)
9.6%
How can I be the best version of myself? (265)
31.03%

Watched Threads