The Student Room Group

Midwifery vs Paramedic Science?

EDIT; Not relevant to me anymore... :shifty:

Hi,

I've applied to start in September 2019 for Paramedic Science and got offered interviews for 4/5 of my choices. I soon realised I didn't want to waste time with unis I weren't feeling. So I went to one interview, they offered me a year doing health and social care instead, which I'm turning down. The other uni I would've chosen is the one who didn't offer the interview.

I'm okay about it, as I'm not sure on Midwifery or Paramedic Science, I wish I was set on one of them. I've tried my own pros and cons but does anyone have any facts or differentiations that stand out? Or tips if you're currently studying one etc

I love the diversity of situations with being a Paramedic, but caring for new borns, and especially assisting birth is a huge interest to me as well.

I wish they weren't so hugely popular courses! I had wanted to become a surgeon, but without the As and A*s at GCSE and A-Levels universities aren't interested.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by clobojas
EDIT; Not relevant to me anymore... :shifty:

Hi,

I've applied to start in September 2019 for Paramedic Science and got offered interviews for 4/5 of my choices. I soon realised I didn't want to waste time with unis I weren't feeling. So I went to one interview, they offered me a year doing health and social care instead, which I'm turning down. The other uni I would've chosen is the one who didn't offer the interview.

I'm okay about it, as I'm not sure on Midwifery or Paramedic Science, I wish I was set on one of them. I've tried my own pros and cons but does anyone have any facts or differentiations that stand out? Or tips if you're currently studying one etc

I love the diversity of situations with being a Paramedic, but caring for new borns, and especially assisting birth is a huge interest to me as well.

I wish they weren't so hugely popular courses! I had wanted to become a surgeon, but without the As and A*s at GCSE and A-Levels universities aren't interested.

I know this is irrelevant but you can always do post graduate med after you do these courses to become a surgeon later on in ur life they don’t look at alevels and gcse either

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending