clobojas
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
EDIT; Not relevant to me anymore... :shifty:

Hi,

I've applied to start in September 2019 for Paramedic Science and got offered interviews for 4/5 of my choices. I soon realised I didn't want to waste time with unis I weren't feeling. So I went to one interview, they offered me a year doing health and social care instead, which I'm turning down. The other uni I would've chosen is the one who didn't offer the interview.

I'm okay about it, as I'm not sure on Midwifery or Paramedic Science, I wish I was set on one of them. I've tried my own pros and cons but does anyone have any facts or differentiations that stand out? Or tips if you're currently studying one etc

I love the diversity of situations with being a Paramedic, but caring for new borns, and especially assisting birth is a huge interest to me as well.

I wish they weren't so hugely popular courses! I had wanted to become a surgeon, but without the As and A*s at GCSE and A-Levels universities aren't interested.
Last edited by clobojas; 1 year ago
Hsxo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by clobojas)
EDIT; Not relevant to me anymore... :shifty:

Hi,

I've applied to start in September 2019 for Paramedic Science and got offered interviews for 4/5 of my choices. I soon realised I didn't want to waste time with unis I weren't feeling. So I went to one interview, they offered me a year doing health and social care instead, which I'm turning down. The other uni I would've chosen is the one who didn't offer the interview.

I'm okay about it, as I'm not sure on Midwifery or Paramedic Science, I wish I was set on one of them. I've tried my own pros and cons but does anyone have any facts or differentiations that stand out? Or tips if you're currently studying one etc

I love the diversity of situations with being a Paramedic, but caring for new borns, and especially assisting birth is a huge interest to me as well.

I wish they weren't so hugely popular courses! I had wanted to become a surgeon, but without the As and A*s at GCSE and A-Levels universities aren't interested.
I know this is irrelevant but you can always do post graduate med after you do these courses to become a surgeon later on in ur life they don’t look at alevels and gcse either
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed