The Student Room Group

Oxford contextual offer

I'm in first year college and am currently at BBB for physics, economics and maths. I want at least AAB at the end of this year and around A*A*A or A*AA next year. My school and college are both on the contextual list for UCL however I can't find the list for Oxford but I assume it wouldn't differ. My postcode is a 5 on the Acorn scale which also qualifies. I'm also an ethnic minority and receive a college bursary. I've applied to Sutton trust and many other summer school but I haven't received anything back yet. I want to apply to E&M at Oxford, I know that to get in you have to really show a passion for your subject but i'm confident that I can convey that. At GCSE I got 5A* 1A 2B 1C. My question is how likely am I to get in with a contextual offer?
Original post by OkThanksBye
I'm in first year college and am currently at BBB for physics, economics and maths. I want at least AAB at the end of this year and around A*A*A or A*AA next year. My school and college are both on the contextual list for UCL however I can't find the list for Oxford but I assume it wouldn't differ. My postcode is a 5 on the Acorn scale which also qualifies. I'm also an ethnic minority and receive a college bursary. I've applied to Sutton trust and many other summer school but I haven't received anything back yet. I want to apply to E&M at Oxford, I know that to get in you have to really show a passion for your subject but i'm confident that I can convey that. At GCSE I got 5A* 1A 2B 1C. My question is how likely am I to get in with a contextual offer?

https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/decisions/contextual-data?wssl=1

The above might help. For different reasons, so might:

http://www.lmh.ox.ac.uk/prospective-students/foundation-year
Reply 2
Original post by OkThanksBye

I'm not sure what you mean by a contextual offer - if you mean a lower offer, that's very unlikely as Oxford has standard offers. If instead you mean will Oxford seriously take the context of your education, then that applies across the board, but any offer would still be a standard one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending