Where can I talk to people who also have mental health issues? Watch

Mruczega
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I don't really want any advice. I guess I just want someone to talk to and relate to. TSR is more of a general website and I would rather not bombard people who come here for school related stuff with stuff like this. So are there any websites where people talk about that with others?
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mruczega)
I don't really want any advice. I guess I just want someone to talk to and relate to. TSR is more of a general website and I would rather not bombard people who come here for school related stuff with stuff like this. So are there any websites where people talk about that with others?
Ugh, don't. Mental health forums are usually a cesspool of idiots who will try to diagnose you with mental illnesses you don't have. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
You could try 7cups forum. Maybe. Good luck
CoolCavy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Tsr isn't just for school stuff, it has a mental health forum and a Mental health support society
Mruczega
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
Ugh, don't. Mental health forums are usually a cesspool of idiots who will try to diagnose you with mental illnesses you don't have. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
Trust me, my brain has the "denial" option set on lock so it's not like I'm gonna think that I have something without going over it 1,000 times.
Mruczega
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
You could try 7cups forum. Maybe. Good luck
I'm not really looking into the whole online free therapy type of thing. Just kinda for like a place, I can talk to ordinary people.
Kindred
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sane has a mental health forum, but I believe you need to be 18 to join. Health unlocked is a health site and might have a mental health forum. Also the mix, but like here it's more of a young person site so doesn't necessarily have a full mental health focus. We do have a thread in the mental health section called the mental health support society (mhss) where people go to talk about mental health. It's got a different tone to the rest of the site and focuses on mental health.
And although we do get people talking about school and other things in the mental health section you can use it to talk about whatever mental health is for you and prehaps some people with similar ideas will come comment.

Do make sure that if you do find a mental health site it's a well moderated one with a decent community. Like Ciel has said they can sometimes attract some less than positive conversations and although I'm sure you can look out for yourself it's just not a nice situation to be in and can end up waring you down or sticking in your head.

I hope that helps. You might also be able to find in person or Facebook support groups.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Jammie_x
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Try Ele Friends great app and get to talk to people who have mental issues as well. I used to use it a lot with depression
tesconyc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
there aren't many. try posting on Facebook
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
Ciel gives a good warning. Maybe 'don't' is a bit far, but certainly be really careful with mental health communities online. In my experience, they don't always help, and can often make things far far worse. You can easily end up with a group of people all together.. all feeling awful.. all making each other feel worse.. all feeding off each other, and making each other even more isolated etc. Ive seen it multiple times on sites like here, tumblr, facebook, and other specific MH forums.

That's not to say that knowing other people who have MH problems isn't a good thing. Its great to know your not alone, and its great to talk to people who understand you...

But just go into MH communities knowing that by their very nature they have a greater chance of turning toxic then other communities, and you should be careful.

(Also, try and find one in person if you can. It mitigates a lot of the problems that online MH communities have.. even if it is more scary to go to at first)
Zasty
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The relationships section on TSR
Mruczega
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
[quote=Freddumble;81971126]

Read what I wrote, where the hell am I complaining and dragging people down? All I wanna do is talk to people with similar issues. What do you have against that?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (34)
14.23%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.79%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (29)
12.13%
How can I be the best version of myself? (71)
29.71%

Watched Threads