Lie or Not for Bank Account? Watch

waqaspk3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Basically I went to Barclay bank in my area and told them I wanted a bank account but I am a student in college last year however I told them that I am finishing off around April as I will be done with my course work and gonna do apprenticeship. They told me to just get a normal account as no point of getting a student account so go to their website and fill up a form, get a reference number, bring it to the branch and open up account. When i go to the website its gives me an option of to select whether I am a student or not and when i say yes it tells me to go for student account but is it wise to lie and say no.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by waqaspk3)
Basically I went to Barclay bank in my area and told them I wanted a bank account but I am a student in college last year however I told them that I am finishing off around April as I will be done with my course work and gonna do apprenticeship. They told me to just get a normal account as no point of getting a student account so go to their website and fill up a form, get a reference number, bring it to the branch and open up account. When i go to the website its gives me an option of to select whether I am a student or not and when i say yes it tells me to go for student account but is it wise to lie and say no.
Have you worked out what advantage a student account would give you?
Telling lies to banks tends not to be a good idea.
Mapleservers
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you lie to a bank - they can technically ban you from banking with them and then they can into other banks that your a fraud and you will never have a uk bank account again.
Oh yeah and fine you for everything benefit you earned with mega interest and charges
Be a couple
waqaspk3
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Have you worked out what advantage a student account would give you?
Telling lies to banks tends not to be a good idea.
What should I do then because I don't see any benefit in student account and want a normal current account however I am college student who will finish in June but I am working really fast therefore I will finish early like in April and will apply for apprenticeships and stuff so what can i do now.
waqaspk3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mapleservers)
If you lie to a bank - they can technically ban you from banking with them and then they can into other banks that your a fraud and you will never have a uk bank account again.
Oh yeah and fine you for everything benefit you earned with mega interest and charges
Be a couple
What should i do then
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 4 weeks ago
What should I do then because I don't see any benefit in student account and want a normal current account however I am college student who will finish in June but I am working really fast therefore I will finish early like in April and will apply for apprenticeships and stuff so what can i do now.
You sounds as though you are under 18, but you are a student. You can put you are a student but I dont think they have a student account just a young persons one. Student accounts are more uni students.
https://www.barclays.co.uk/current-a...rsons-account/

You wouldnt be lying if you said you were a student at the time of application. I think you end up with the same account in terms of Barclays.
Last edited by 999tigger; 4 weeks ago
OBaIMA
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Student accounts are for uni students and you’ll need certain ucas information to set one up.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
waqaspk3
Rep:
?
You sounds as though you are under 18, but you are a student. You can put you are a student but I dont think they have a student account just a young persons one. Student accounts are more uni students.
https://www.barclays.co.uk/current-a...rsons-account/

You wouldnt be lying if you said you were a student at the time of application. I think you end up with the same account in terms of Barclays.
I turned 18 last November 2018 so I am 18 and not going uni but applying for apprenticeship and the Barclay bank is just confusing me.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 4 weeks ago
I turned 18 last November 2018 so I am 18 and not going uni but applying for apprenticeship and the Barclay bank is just confusing me.
Apparently HSBC lets apprentices have real student bank accounts and an £80 Amazon voucher.
https://www.fenews.co.uk/press-relea...ts-apprentices

If you are fixed on Barclays just get a normal account. Overdrafts are the main difference but its best to avoid being in debt.
Last edited by 999tigger; 4 weeks ago
waqaspk3
Rep:
?
Apparently HSBC lets apprentices have real student bank accounts and an £80 Amazon voucher.
https://www.fenews.co.uk/press-relea...ts-apprentices

If you are fixed on Barclays just get a normal account. Overdrafts are the main difference but its best to avoid being in debt.
Thanks bro but I had a online chat with the Barclay and they said that I can say no to the student question its fine. I can have regular account as a student. Anywyas appreciate the time you took to reply so once again Thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (34)
14.23%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.79%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (29)
12.13%
How can I be the best version of myself? (71)
29.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed