Ask for scholarship in PS? Watch

Szilagyi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey guys!

I am just finishing my PS and according to the website of my course, I could be eligible for a scholarship. They say every student who met the requirements will be considered. But I was thinking, should I mention in my PS that I met the requirements, I have a first-class degree and I would be happy to receive the scholarship as I have to pay the tuition fees by myself? Or it is not suitable to ask for that?

If you think it is suitable, how can I formulate it?

Thank you!!
CTLeafez
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I assume you're referring to a postgraduate PS since you say you have a 1st class degree.

The Unis I've applied to for PG have you apply separately for any scholarships and you can only apply for them AFTER getting an offer to your course.

Personal statements are to sell yourself for your chosen course, not for scholarship applications.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Szilagyi)
Hey guys!

I am just finishing my PS and according to the website of my course, I could be eligible for a scholarship. They say every student who met the requirements will be considered. But I was thinking, should I mention in my PS that I met the requirements, I have a first-class degree and I would be happy to receive the scholarship as I have to pay the tuition fees by myself? Or it is not suitable to ask for that?

If you think it is suitable, how can I formulate it?

Thank you!!
NO.
Szilagyi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CTLeafez)
I assume you're referring to a postgraduate PS since you say you have a 1st class degree.

The Unis I've applied to for PG have you apply separately for any scholarships and you can only apply for them AFTER getting an offer to your course.

Personal statements are to sell yourself for your chosen course, not for scholarship applications.
There are no applications. They should choose students automatically
gracewb_93
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If everyone who is eligible is automatically considered then you have no reason to mention it as they will already consider you. if anything it wastes space in your PS which you could be using to sell yourself so then you’ll be less likely to wow them and get a scholarship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (146)
18.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
9.91%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (133)
16.9%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (113)
14.36%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (77)
9.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (240)
30.5%

Watched Threads