Friend's parents keep borrowing money!!! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Every few months my friend will text me, saying that her parents need me to lend them some some money for gas. I do get the money back but I'm starting to get annoyed at the fact that these people in their 40's are borrowing money from their daughter's 19 year old friend, instead of figuring out how to manage their own finances (maybe instead of buying weed and alcohol, they could put their bloody money to better use).
StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
*shrug* Don't lend them it then

Personally anyone saying they 'need' me to give them money is in for a shock, esp if they haven't even got the decency to ask themselves instead of putting their daughter up to it.
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Every few months my friend will text me, saying that her parents need me to lend them some some money for gas. I do get the money back but I'm starting to get annoyed at the fact that these people in their 40's are borrowing money from their daughter's 19 year old friend, instead of figuring out how to manage their own finances (maybe instead of buying weed and alcohol, they could put their bloody money to better use).
Start saying no.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
xavoa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
charge interest
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It sounds like youre enabling them if you continue to give them money they will aee nothing wrong with it..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (119)
17.84%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (70)
10.49%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (117)
17.54%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (99)
14.84%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (64)
9.6%
How can I be the best version of myself? (198)
29.69%

Watched Threads