Everybody went vegan? Watch

Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What would happen? Intrested to hear opinions!
_rebeccaellen_
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The world would be a much better place 💁🏼*♀️
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Kinyonga
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Interesting question. Imagining non-veganism was suddenly made illegal all over the world...

General disadvantages: You'd have a lot of starvation and famine as people wouldn't know what to replace meat, eggs and dairy with for protein, calcium, etc. You'd have a lot of now-useless animals randomly released into the bush or slaughtered and disposed of. If our planet's hypothetical vegan dictator is up to PETA standards, they'd also abolish horse-riding, pets, zoos, animal parks, and probably all intervention into any wild (or formerly domestic) animal's life. So there'd probably be a few less species on Earth. You'd also have further starvation as people lost their means of livelihood. Creation of synthetic materials to replace wool and leather, and probably synthetic foods made to resemble those we'd no longer have access to.

General advantages: Eventually, no more animal suffering directly due to humans, and certainly a lower population of both cattle and humans would have a positive impact on climate change. In time everyone would become educated as to how to live a healthy, animal-free lifestyle. And some of the animals which survived would no doubt be better off with no intervention from humanity.

Personal disadvantages: I don't want others imposing on me what I can and can't eat; that said even though I'm all for a vegan diet (currently pescetarian nonetheless). I think that if you can get products from animals in a sustainable way and without harming them then there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, and ideally we should live in such a world rather than a completely vegan one. And as mentioned above, the dictator would abolish horse-riding and pets. I like my pets, thanks, and they're treated well, and free to leave if they so wish (haven't gone yet, oddly enough), and, again, provided proper care is given to the animal and you understand what its needs and desires are, I see nothing wrong with horse-riding.

Personal advantages: Well, it's hard to find something to counter-balance never being able to have a pet or ride a horse again... The environment and wildlife is extremely important to me, so that's one thing, but I like to interact with animals, not just observe them from afar.
bigbarry69
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Screw Veganism! It's a cry for attention! It's sick and unhealthy!
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nobody would shut up about it.
tesconyc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I tried vegan pizza today. and it's safe to safe I will never do that again
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tesconyc)
Most of vegan Pizzas I've tried are awful, although there are some decent ones in Tel Aviv.
Actually one of the best I've tried is made from Cheezly cheese replacement made in the UK so I guess there should be a decent one in UK too.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bigbarry69)
So triggered, oh my. It's actually very healthy.
_rebeccaellen_
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bigbarry69)
How is veganism sick when carnism kills innocent, sentient beings, including babies? Bit hypocritical? And we don’t go vegan for your attention so get off your high horse, we do it because we care about not only the animals but the environment too. So excuse us for not wanting animals to have their throats slit 💁🏼*♀️
_rebeccaellen_
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tesconyc)
It’s just like normal pizza, you get the good and you get the bad. I highly recommend the vegan pizzas from Iceland - they’re a godsend!! 💜
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (146)
18.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
9.91%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (133)
16.9%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (113)
14.36%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (77)
9.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (240)
30.5%

Watched Threads