Im pro life. Watch

Xxlolaxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
If youre pro choice id looooove to have a chat. No hate, no conflict, just facts and opinions and a discussion.
Sataris
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Okay, what would you like to chat about?
Xxlolaxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I just wan to understand more what points it is that draws you to be pro Choice..
Kinyonga
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Pretty pointless asking for "no conflict" in a thread on abortion. Ain't gonna work.
Joleee
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 18
Report 4 weeks ago
i moved your thread to Chat since you want a chat and no conflict. honestly hope it works out for you. :h:
Decahedron
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm pro choice because women should have the right to decide what they give birth to, not be forced by the law or anything else.

There are hundreds of reason that it may not be right to give birth, whether it be genetic abnormalities or just not being in a position to provide for a child.

What a lot of "pro life" people actually argue for is pro birth, after that they couldn't care less about what happens to the child. Whether it is born into extreme poverty where the mother can barely afford to look after herself or the child's life is a far worse standard than if they had not been born with a genetic abnormality. Living with a debilitating genetic illness is not life, it is lifetime of suffering, anyone how advocates "pro life" is advocating forced suffering when it could have been avoided.
VegetableMarvell
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
A woman should not, in my opinion, have to go through the body changes, pain and at times permanent damage that pregnancy brings if they do not want a child. A child is a lifetime of a commitment. Too many young children grow up in care as it is, and a woman is entitled to do what she wants with her own body; can you imagine if you were forced to do something that could kill you? In America, natal care is still incredibly poor quality and many women still die from placenta issues and more. To go through extreme pain for a child that will most likely be condemned to a life unloved is truly cruel, in my opinion, both to the mother and child.
Not only this, but abortion takes place when a baby is a bundle of cells with no pain receptors and no ability to survive outside the womb. It is not infanticide.

If you want to have a child, that's cool. If a woman doesn't want to have a child, that should be cool too. No one should be forced into something they don't want to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (146)
18.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
9.91%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (133)
16.9%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (113)
14.36%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (77)
9.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (240)
30.5%

Watched Threads