The Student Room Group

Please help me decide

Hey my name is Dinosan and I am doing a levels , physics , chem and maths. My questions is, is there any point in making proper notes when you have pre made downloadable notes online ( like chemrevise which I am using), I was just wandering because my plan is to watch videos and make sure I understand and if i can add extra side notes to the pre made notes, because a lot of people say you should make your own notes,

( P.S if any of you do OCR A physics or chem, can you holla at me , and give me advice on your way to revise, because all i am doing is
1. watching videos to see if I understand
2. add on side notes if needed, then once i understood,
3. i make flashcards , once I am done
4. I do the summary questions and finally
5. end of chapter questions,
all too long and its already february and I feel like I havent properly revised and been getting bad grades )

THANKKKKKK YYYYYOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU
I think you should make flashcards but don't fully write the notes out again because it's pointless. I make my flashcards as 1 line questions and answers for the topic and go through them a couple days before the test which has been working for me. But I don't make flashcards for mathematical concepts like hess cycles and calculations but go through chemrevise examples and make sure I understand them. Make sure you stay up to date with what you are learning in class instead of going too far back or forwards so that you are comfortable in class and can ask questions when necessary.
if you understand the premade note and find them useful then there's really no point in rewriting notes. if you don't understand certain topics in the notes or don't like they way they're explained then write your own. having your own notes can be good but not absolutely essential. make sure you're revising in other ways too, like practice questions.

Quick Reply

Latest