The Student Room Group

GCSE Combined Science

How is everyone revising for the combined science papers, as i am aiming for a grade 6 and was just wondering if anyone has any top tips on how to achieve the higher grades?
Original post by isabellewalker15
How is everyone revising for the combined science papers, as i am aiming for a grade 6 and was just wondering if anyone has any top tips on how to achieve the higher grades?

Past papers are the key - try doing them under timed conditions to prepare for the real thing! I would also recommend reading examiner's reports after you've done the past papers so you know what they're looking for.
Original post by kazzykat95
Past papers are the key - try doing them under timed conditions to prepare for the real thing! I would also recommend reading examiner's reports after you've done the past papers so you know what they're looking for.

Thank you and also where will I find the examiners reports as I think they’ll be a big help!
Thank you and also where will I find the examiners reports as I think they’ll be a big help!

You should be able to find them on the exam board's website, underneath "assessment resources". They might also be called "results at a glance". :smile:

Hi, I am currently revising for GCSE Combined Science, you could make notes on the topic you would like to revise, you can make flashcards, watch youtube videos. 2 apps I would suggest you could use are: Khan Academy and Quizlet. You could also use Get Revising By The Student Room. Get Revising is a good revision source to use, This is the current website I am using to revise GCSE Combined Science.

Hi, I am currently revising for GCSE Combined Science, you could make notes on the topic you would like to revise, you can make flashcards, watch youtube videos. 2 apps I would suggest you could use are: Khan Academy and Quizlet. You could also use Get Revising By The Student Room. Get Revising is a good revision source to use, This is the current website I am using to revise GCSE Combined Science.

Quick Reply

Latest