The Student Room Group

Which Psychology course should I appply for?

My field of interest in psychology is behavioural neuroscience (aka. biological psychology). I'm doing IB highers in psychology, biology and English (or rather, I *will* be doing those after this summer).

I like Cambridge's psychological & behavioural science course, probably the most at this moment, because I'm able to study other subjects, such as biological anthropology and sociology, which I'm also interested in. Oxford's experimental psychology course sounds good as well, but I'm really not good at math, and I don't like too much statistics and data-analysing stuff. I'm quite interested in Oxford's PPL course, though, but more to the psychology and philosophy part (in fact, I really LOVE these two subjects), than the linguistics part.

As to which city I prefer the most, I don't know, as I haven't been to either (I live in Denmark). My childhood dream has always been to go to Oxford, though.

The subject requirements for PPL at Oxford is A*AA or 766 at IB higher, but it's 776 for Cambridge's psychological and behavioural science. I've also heard Cambridge have a slight preference to math students, and I'm really not good at math.

Knowing this, which course do you think would benefit me the most?

Quick Reply

Latest