Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) UCAS Extra 2019 Watch

Manchester Metropolitan University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

With UCAS Extra opening on the 25th February, we thought it would be a good idea to set up a thread to answer any questions you may have about applying through UCAS Extra

We've put together a list of UCAS Extra FAQ's, which you may find useful...
  • Who is UCAS Extra for? UCAS Extra is for those who have used all five of their choices on UCAS, but have either been unsuccessful for all choices or have declined all the offers they have received.
  • Can I apply through UCAS Extra if I am holding offers? No. To apply through Extra you cannot be holding offers elsewhere. Please think carefully before declining any offers you may already be holding, as you will not be able to reinstate these choices if you change your mind.
  • How many times can I apply through Extra? You can only apply for one choice at a time through Extra; however if you are unsuccessful or decline an offer, you can apply for another course through Extra and so on, until you have been made an offer that you accept or you run out of time.
  • How can I find out if a course is available through UCAS Extra? You can search for courses that are open to applications through Extra at https://digital.ucas.com/search.
  • Can I send a new personal statement to Manchester Met if my original is no longer relevant? Yes, you can send a new personal statement if your original is no longer relevant. This can be sent via email to the relevant Admissions Team. A list of the Admissions Team contact details can be found at the bottom of the following webpage - https://www2.mmu.ac.uk/study/undergr...ants/my-offer/. Please note that it is at the discretion of the Admissions Tutor as to whether they will consider an additional personal statement.
  • When does UCAS Extra close? UCAS Extra closes on the 4th July 2019. However, it is worth noting that many of our courses may close before the 4th July, so it always best to apply as soon as possible. Any applications after the 4th July will need to be made through clearing, which opens on the 5th July.

The Student Room also have some really useful information on Extra which you can find here.

Please feel free to post any questions, and we will get back to you as soon as possible!

Rebecca, Stewart, Charlotte & Matt
(MMU TSR Reps)
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Milliehall31
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi I’m hoping to apply to MMU studying Nursing through UCAS Extra, I just wanted a little more information on what to expect after my application has been sent off - interview tips etc. Also regarding accommodation, if I am successful in my application I am hoping to have accommodation in the Cavendish Place as I currently live in Hull so would have to live away from home, is this suitable for a student nurse?
Manchester Metropolitan University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Milliehall31)
Hi I’m hoping to apply to MMU studying Nursing through UCAS Extra, I just wanted a little more information on what to expect after my application has been sent off - interview tips etc. Also regarding accommodation, if I am successful in my application I am hoping to have accommodation in the Cavendish Place as I currently live in Hull so would have to live away from home, is this suitable for a student nurse?
Great to hear that you are considering MMU

If you are successful in being invited to interview, then we will send you further details on what the interview will entail. We try to make people at our interviews as relaxed as possible. The Admissions Tutor starts by doing an introductory talk to all the applicants, which approximately lasts an hour. We then take applicants away into individual rooms, where you are asked 6 questions to assess your suitability. Prior to the interview we would recommend having a think about what makes you suitable for this career, whether it be experience you have gained or personal experiences. We are looking to get an insight into your nature and character, to see whether you have the capability to be a nurse.

You are welcome to apply for accommodation in Cavendish Place, however the term of the contract in this hall doesn't cover the full length of the Nursing course, which is longer than the standard term length. We have an arrangements with the following halls, to allow nursing students to stay for the full duration of the course:

You may therefore want to look at the above if you are thinking of staying in halls.

I hope this helps Any more questions just give me a shout!

Rebecca
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 15 May '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
14.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (41)
10.05%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
19.12%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (125)
30.64%

Watched Threads