Imperial Biochemistry/biotechnology - No maths A level Watch

katecarey
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Is there anyone out there who has received an offer from Imperial for biochemistry or biotechnology without Maths A’ level? I achieved 11 A* at GCSE and I’ve got great predictions for my A levels (Biology, Chemistry and Geography) but almost everyone on these threads seems to be doing maths!
Blue_Cow
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by katecarey)
Is there anyone out there who has received an offer from Imperial for biochemistry or biotechnology without Maths A’ level? I achieved 11 A* at GCSE and I’ve got great predictions for my A levels (Biology, Chemistry and Geography) but almost everyone on these threads seems to be doing maths!
It's common for potential STEM undergraduates to study mathematics. Very popular A-Level.

If Imperial do not specifically mention the need for A-Level maths, then you're fine

Moved to Imperial College London
biochemistry19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have received my offer for Bsc biochemistry and I dont do alevel maths. Imperial just take a while to hand out offers
Glazmann
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by katecarey)
Got an offer yesterday and no Maths A Level- although i did AS, but i don’t think they really count that
katecarey
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by biochemistry19)
I have received my offer for Bsc biochemistry and I dont do alevel maths. Imperial just take a while to hand out offers
That’s good news. What A levels are you doing?
biochemistry19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I do Chemistry,Biology and Economics.

(Original post by katecarey)That’s good news. What A levels are you doing?
fishykatie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm applying with AP Tests (I'm from the U.S.) and my offer for biotech didn't even include maths, even though I am taking math tests. I don't think it will detract from your application!
katecarey
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
This is good news. I still haven’t seen any home biotechnology offers but I will keep crossing my fingers!
RyanLfc24
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey, I'm currently in Imperial 1st year doing biochemistry and didn't do maths A level - there are about 30% of people who didn't do maths A - level here. The maths element of the course is just an extension to the stuff you do in chemistry A-level (thermodynamics). There are also around 12 maths lectures in the 2nd term to get you up to scratch on the maths you need in the course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.34%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.61%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.49%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (35)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.3%
How can I be the best version of myself? (73)
29.92%

Watched Threads