The Student Room Group

Is law harder than medicine (lets debate!)

U idiots
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by nicolesm1
When i look at law notes on the internet im led to believe law is way harder. I think medicine has more things you need to remember (e.g. the symptoms of hundreds of diseases) but in law each case is different and you have to apply your own knowledge, its not one set answer
Correct me if im wrong in any way but im starting to believe law is harder than med?? LETS DEBATE KIDS!!

Bit of a stupid argument tbh as they are different subjects. I'd expect the bottom layer of law is easier to scrape by in, but to be very good is just as demanding as medicine.
Reply 2
Law is 100x easier to get into at university than medicine
I would agree with Hayiqat, Law is much easier
What a silly question, it all depends on the skills one has to excel at either degree, including the interests.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Shivam.Chhaya
I would agree with Hayiqat, Law is much easier

No, if someone has specific skills and interests that will lead to them doing well at the degree, there is no easier degree between the two,
Original post by nicolesm1
When i look at law notes on the internet im led to believe law is way harder. I think medicine has more things you need to remember (e.g. the symptoms of hundreds of diseases) but in law each case is different and you have to apply your own knowledge, its not one set answer
Correct me if im wrong in any way but im starting to believe law is harder than med?? LETS DEBATE KIDS!!

I mean, a medical degree isn't five years of memorising a long list of symptoms and signs. Similarly, treating patients doesn't involve talking to someone then matching what they say to a list of symptoms, ticking some mental boxes and hey presto, there's a diagnosis. Occasionally things are as easy as that, but in general that's not how it works.

Clinical medicine is full of uncertainties, grey areas, negotiation, weighing probabilities, having to educate people, accumulating knowledge by experience and so on. Patients don't present like they do in textbooks and they don't always present in the same way as eachother. I wouldn't say there are many "one set answers" in medicine.

I think medical degrees have more contact hours than law degrees, because it's largely an apprenticeship for a specific job. There's a lot of travelling around, the terms are longer, the degree itself is longer, and I'm fairly certain the career pathway is longer too - at least in the UK. Obviously grade requirements are universally high, which is not something you can say for law. So in terms of physical graft, I would say medicine is probably more taxing.

Anyway, there's your debate. I'm not sure what we've actually achieved here though :rofl2:
Unless you’ve done both shush
No, it isn't. Next question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending