Amjan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am a first year chemistry student and i want to change my course next year. I have to rewrite my personal statement because i want to study accounting and finance at a different university. I also did like a module of accounting and finance at my current university and i like it a lot which is why i want to do it. What do i include in my personal statement? Do i write about how chemistry was not for me and the knowledge i received while studying accounting and finance for a whole year? Can i also write about how my first year in university changed me as a person?
Someone help me pleaseeeeee
sammyj97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Write it as though you’re applying for the first time to uni. Same basic stuff (volunteering, work, skills, why you want to do it etc.) I wouldn’t recommend saying chemistry wasn’t for you. You could however talk about experiences/things you learnt during your first year and link them to financing and say how they will help you.
VegetableMarvell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Definitely don't say anything negative. Just emphasize how much you love and have read about financing.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Amjan)
I am a first year chemistry student and i want to change my course next year. I have to rewrite my personal statement because i want to study accounting and finance at a different university. I also did like a module of accounting and finance at my current university and i like it a lot which is why i want to do it. What do i include in my personal statement? Do i write about how chemistry was not for me and the knowledge i received while studying accounting and finance for a whole year? Can i also write about how my first year in university changed me as a person?
Someone help me pleaseeeeee
You don't want to talk about why chem wasn't for you as it's negative. You want to talk about relevant skills, knowledge and experience gained while at uni and before.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads