Is this man telling the truth about our world??? Watch

Carrot N
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
As the saying goes, "Money makes the world go round". But how true and how deep is this truth?

This man might be telling truth about our political and our economic systems. A must see YouTube link below:

Libtardian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just another lefty who denies his own nature as a human, yawn.
Marshmello's Dad
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
One of the most stupid things I've watched in a long time.

Stupid and pessimistic man who knows nothing about politics, economics etc

But I disagree with ^^ just because he's an idiot, it doesn't mean he's a leftist or liberal.

I'd categorise this man alongside feminists and religious leaders
ThomH97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well, the system clearly isn't working for the world as a whole where the richest get richer and the poor die of starvation. Even in the UK we have otherwise capable people dying homeless while money accumulates in the pockets of the few.

His solution seems to be to make a noise so that politicians listen, but then to not vote anyway so that the same politicians don't need to do anything different. That really doesn't make sense, but I guess he's just grabbed the megaphone rather than reading a rehearsed speech so I'll cut him some slack.
Carrot N
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ThomH97)
Well, the system clearly isn't working for the world as a whole where the richest get richer and the poor die of starvation. Even in the UK we have otherwise capable people dying homeless while money accumulates in the pockets of the few.

His solution seems to be to make a noise so that politicians listen, but then to not vote anyway so that the same politicians don't need to do anything different. That really doesn't make sense, but I guess he's just grabbed the megaphone rather than reading a rehearsed speech so I'll cut him some slack.
Yeah i agree with you.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ThomH97)
Well, the system clearly isn't working for the world as a whole where the richest get richer and the poor die of starvation.
Even despite the huge increase in the world's population since the Second World War, extreme poverty globally has fallen enormously. About 50 million people are coming out of extreme poverty a year. The same trend is evident for people dying of starvation of suffering malnutrition across the world; famines are less regular, more manageable and fewer people die.

There is huge and fast progress here - so when someone suggests that a different economic system could somehow match or even exceed that, I say show me the evidence. They simply don't have it.

Even in the UK we have otherwise capable people dying homeless while money accumulates in the pockets of the few.
Not really for want of money though. Rough sleeping, as the most problematic and extreme form of homelessness, is casually complex and requires an enormously well-balanced multi-disciplinary effort to help. Addiction and mental health problems are the most evident - and neither are straightforward to solve. There are, of course, other issues: unsecure migration statuses combined with not being able to speak the language, people trafficking and so on.

We could "solve" rough sleeping virtually overnight if we wanted to - indeed, a lot of these people would be off the street and in residential institutions back in the old days. That did very little to address the underlying problems that these people were suffering with.
[/quote]
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
He is right to a point but money isn’t the problem. Without it he wouldn’t have a shiny megaphone, nice coat or educated accent.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.69%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.3%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (92)
14.47%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.91%
How can I be the best version of myself? (191)
30.03%

Watched Threads