Lee Ledwood
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I have to chose my gcse options this week and I was thinking of choosing either Geography or ICT as my first option but I don't know what to pick. My school has set it up that I can't pick both so I just want an opinion on which is better.
owen.winn
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I took both last year and much preferred Geography as ICT, at least at my school, was very database focused and I didn't enjoy the course work. If you want to do a course work based subject and enjoy working with computers then take ICT but personally I think that geography is a better choice, it allows you to build upon your essay writing skills and is much more academic, and will probably look better on your CV. Either way you're getting a useful GCSE as a lot of jobs incorporate ICT and a GCSE in ICT shows that you are somewhat adept with a computer, go with what feels right for you!
k28999
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ICT can be a lot more difficult then geography, but Geography can go on a bit. I was taking both but then dropped ICT. It really depends
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.44%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed