The Student Room Group

I have a boyfriend but JW parents..

So I’m 16 and I’ve been with this guy only a couple months, after talking for months and we really do love each other. My parent(s), mostly dad is fairly firm jehovah’s witness and my mum used to be, but hasn’t really attended meeting recently. Basically they’re still technically JW’s but quite loosely so.
The problem is if I have no idea how my parents will react if I mention this guy, who’s got nothing they’ll dislike about him, but I don’t want to risk losing him yet as I’ve never had a bf before etc.
I’d rather be early and honest and mature about it, but it might not even work as my dad has a tendency to defy all logic with this ******** religion.

Help!!
tell the parent u trust most or tell them both together. make sure u tell them that its more serious than teen relationships usually are and u want to be open with them about ur relationship. If they get angry bcos of religious reasons at least u told them!
Maybe say to your parents that this boy you've been talking to has asked you to be his girlfriend but you wanted to check whether it was ok with them first. I know you are already together, but they might be more inclined to say yes if you asked them for their approval. You shouldn't have to ask them, but hopefully they'd respect you for doing so.

I'm not all that confident they would allow it given you've been too scared too tell them after 3 months. If they say no I would put up a fuss for a few days and see if they change their mind. If not, you can still keep seeing him secretly as you have been doing the past 3 months anyway.
Tell your parents. It is better for them to know than keeping it a secret. Your parents have your best interest at heart. You can't change your parents but you can change boyfriends. Do you really believe in your heart that at 16 years old you are ready to have sexual relations with someone else? If you were raised as Jehovah's witness, you know the answer. The very fact that you are asking for help here, from someone on the internet, also answers this question. I hope you make the right decision.

Latest

Trending

Trending