Interracial Relationships Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I just want to listen to different point of views about:

Why are black men attaracted to white women & and why are white women attracted to black men?
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Why are black men attaracted to white women & and why are white women attracted to black men?
Is there any reason you've chosen to focus on black men and white women?

I don't think that combination is anywhere as prevalent as many people think... IMHO, that myth has been perpetuated by racist types, who want to get white men riled and thinking that white women are no longer "theirs". The reality is that most black men seem to prefer light-skinned black women... or if they are going to date outside their race, they generally seem to prefer women of Latin or Mediterranean (e.g. Spanish, Italian etc.) background. Don't forget Kim Kardashian is actually of Armenian background (as opposed to conventionally "Anglo"). Also, the vast majority of white women seem to prefer white men.

Also, white men and Oriental women (e.g. Chinese, Korean, Thai etc.) are also very common... probably more=so than black men and white women... but no one seems to care about them... never mind that you hardly ever see white women with Oriental men. On the other hand, these days, I see almost as many black women with white men (certainly in somewhere like London or any Uni type environment this is the case).

However, if you're asking why interracial relationships between blacks and whites seem more common than any other combinations (I'm not drawing any distinction between men and women of either race)… it's probably because there are far less significant cultural differences (e.g. Most black house-holds are English speaking, The vast majority of black people follow some form of Christianity etc.)… also black culture has contributed greatly to white/ mainstream society.

Alternatively, maybe... just maybe some people can look past skin colour and see the individual beneath the mask.
Last edited by Old Skool Freak; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Old Skool Freak)
Is there any reason you've chosen to focus on black men and white women?

I don't think that combination is anywhere as prevalent as many people think... IMHO, that myth has been perpetuated by racist types, who want to get white men riled and thinking that white women are no longer "theirs". The reality is that most black men seem to prefer light-skinned black women... or if they are going to date outside their race, they generally seem to prefer women of Latin or Mediterranean (e.g. Spanish, Italian etc.) background. Don't forget Kim Kardashian is actually of Armenian background (as opposed to conventionally "Anglo"). Also, the vast majority of white women seem to prefer white men.

Also, white men and Oriental women (e.g. Chinese, Korean, Thai etc.) are also very common... probably more=so than black men and white women... but no one seems to care about them... never mind that you hardly ever see white women with Oriental men. On the other hand, these days, I see almost as many black women with white men (certainly in somewhere like London or any Uni type environment this is the case).

However, if you're asking why interracial relationships between blacks and whites seem more common than any other combinations (I'm not drawing any distinction between men and women of either race)… it's probably because there are far less significant cultural differences (e.g. Most black house-holds are English speaking, The vast majority of black people follow some form of Christianity etc.)… also black culture has contributed greatly to white/ mainstream society.

Alternatively, maybe... just maybe some people can look past skin colour and see the individual beneath the mask.
I liked your POV and how you analyze things. (Y)
ohdahnnyboi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

1) not all black people are attracted to people of a different race because they're 'white' or vice versa. it's just increasingly common
2) it's a lot to do with where you live and your environment - this is typically common in the West where there is a largely multicultural community
3) some people feel like they need to break the stereotypes of race or marrying within race or whatever, which is interesting, but you should never be attracted to someone just cos they're white or black or asian or whatever
4) sadly there's this thing about white women liking black men because of celebrity relationships like travis and kylie, or kim and kanye, etc. as black people genetically are more muscly/have higher body mass/fuller lips/bigger boobs/rounder bottoms there's this thing about trying to emulate them or being associated with them e.g. kylie getting lip fillers because of that; people darkening their skin which is different to tanning etc.

so yeah. i mean i'm black and live in the UK. many of my crushes have been white boys but it doesn't mean i haven't had black ones, or i have a thing against black boys cos im black. it's to do with living in a predominantly white country and also if i like a guy, i ilke a guy, regardless of their race or whatever. that's just a side thing thing that i often notice not too long after. hope that's a good answer for you
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Because judging people by the colour of their skin rather than the content of their character just means you don't get to know a lot of wonderful people.
Marriedanswers
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Being a black man married to a Bulgarian girl, I can tell you that the attraction is both physical and emotional. I think many black males from my generation probably grew up in households where the dad wasnt present and the mom worked to support the household. Long story short, many of us have searched for a stable family environment that we've found more possible with white women. Given my wifes family culture dating back generations, its something that comes natural to her. The sense of loyalty, commitment, tradition and a support system isnt something that many cultures have.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ohdahnnyboi)
1) not all black people are attracted to people of a different race because they're 'white' or vice versa. it's just increasingly common
2) it's a lot to do with where you live and your environment - this is typically common in the West where there is a largely multicultural community
3) some people feel like they need to break the stereotypes of race or marrying within race or whatever, which is interesting, but you should never be attracted to someone just cos they're white or black or asian or whatever
4) sadly there's this thing about white women liking black men because of celebrity relationships like travis and kylie, or kim and kanye, etc. as black people genetically are more muscly/have higher body mass/fuller lips/bigger boobs/rounder bottoms there's this thing about trying to emulate them or being associated with them e.g. kylie getting lip fillers because of that; people darkening their skin which is different to tanning etc.

so yeah. i mean i'm black and live in the UK. many of my crushes have been white boys but it doesn't mean i haven't had black ones, or i have a thing against black boys cos im black. it's to do with living in a predominantly white country and also if i like a guy, i ilke a guy, regardless of their race or whatever. that's just a side thing thing that i often notice not too long after. hope that's a good answer for you
I liked your POV
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Marriedanswers)
Being a black man married to a Bulgarian girl, I can tell you that the attraction is both physical and emotional. I think many black males from my generation probably grew up in households where the dad wasnt present and the mom worked to support the household. Long story short, many of us have searched for a stable family environment that we've found more possible with white women. Given my wifes family culture dating back generations, its something that comes natural to her. The sense of loyalty, commitment, tradition and a support system isnt something that many cultures have.
This one of the best POV I have ever.
I just like the idea of stable family and I'm happy that you have it
God bless you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (88)
9.97%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (146)
16.53%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (127)
14.38%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.63%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.92%

Watched Threads