PwC - Flying Start Degree / Course, University of Nottingham Watch

wavyjosh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I wasn't able to speak to anyone on the programme so does anyone have any info about it.
The programme is something I really like the sound of and I want to be a part of it. How do you guys (who are already on it) find it?
Last edited by wavyjosh; 4 weeks ago
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The interview was okay, however some of the questions were very strange to try and throw you off I think, you have just got to come across as confident and show interest in the degree itself. In the group interview, you are given individual information on the financial plan of a business who the group are all
wavyjosh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 191392)
The interview was okay, however some of the questions were very strange to try and throw you off I think, you have just got to come across as confident and show interest in the degree itself. In the group interview, you are given individual information on the financial plan of a business who the group are all
Oh wow. Thanks
Last edited by wavyjosh; 4 weeks ago
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah all the questions are similar to those, ie why are interested in the flying start programme etc. The random questions were to do with business acumen and things like that just very strange wording, but that was only a few questions the rest was fine. I would put a real emphasis on being very clear when explaining ur plan and encourage others to speak e.t.c in the group assessment. Also make sure you ask the interview questions to show u r interested.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by wavyjosh)Oh wow. Good luck btw, but are the interview questions only to do with competency based questions and just your understanding of what this programme entails? For 'competency bases' I mean questions on the skills in the link below?
https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/studen...-look-for.html
(Whole leadership, Business Acumen, Global Acumen, Technical Capability, Relationships )
i.e " Talk about a time you were a leader"
"Talk about when you had to build a relationship" etc
"Talk about when you showed global acumen" etc
Because Im not really sure how to answer when I built a relationship or when I showed Global Acumen etc
Or are the questions actually just random "strange" questions like you said ?
And for the group exercise, is it key to just be confident ,get others to talk and communicate well?
Thank you so much btw
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Also make sure you know the details of the programme really well , as it really helped me to get into the interview as it was the second question they asked me. They were impressed by my confidence so try and put ur nerves behind you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (162)
18.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (86)
9.89%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (145)
16.67%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (125)
14.37%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (84)
9.66%
How can I be the best version of myself? (268)
30.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise