A Level Geography Watch

Lxura.02
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What are the best methods of revision for memorising the different case studies and just revision in general?
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I found past papers useful
Lxura.02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emma:-))
I found past papers useful
Thank you, Emma. I think I will try that it. It sounds beneficial to try questions that have occurred in the past as they do tend to use the same style and ask similar sorts of things
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lxura.02)
Thank you, Emma. I think I will try that it. It sounds beneficial to try questions that have occurred in the past as they do tend to use the same style and ask similar sorts of things
And you can either get your teacher to look through your answers and mark them or look at the mark schemes on the internet (they should be on there along with the past papers).
Lxura.02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emma:-))
And you can either get your teacher to look through your answers and mark them or look at the mark schemes on the internet (they should be on there along with the past papers).
Thank you
anonymous1231231
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
this is in the completely wrong forum by the way
rose.obrien
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would go on YouTube and search something like ‘a level geography revision’
So many youtubers, or ‘studytubers’ have really comprehensive videos that are so useful
For geog specifically there prob won’t be that many
But it’s worth looking x
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
yoyo334
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I think my top tip would be find case studies that cover a couple of topics.

I'm not sure which board/topics you are doing but I did AQA and we covered Coasts, Water and Carbon cycle, Hazards and Population and the Environment. So as an example if I learnt in depth lots of information about say Mangroves in the Sundarbans this links to all four modules for I could talk about the water cycle at a tree scale and it's interaction with the sea and coastline, how the trees store carbon, how the mangroves provides resources for the people who live there and how they protect the coastline especially from storm surges which are quite frequent in that area etc.

This means that you don't have to learn as much (for the basic facts such as where it is etc. are the same wherever you chose to use the case study) and you're more likely to remember it because you'll have a deeper and better understanding of the case study. Moreover, if you weave in some of the links between modules this shows "holistic" thinking (this is a key word in AQA - it's when you're not just thinking about concepts as being separate from each other but recognising that everything is intricately linked) which indicates you can really engage with the study.

More generally I think exams come down to four main things - knowledge, timing, technique and a nice examiner, as we sadly can't control the last one I'd focus on getting the others all to a similar level for if you have great knowledge, great timing and bad technique you'll score less marks then having good knowledge, good timing and good technique. This is just my theory.
JT7663
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys I have a quick question: does the number of areas of elevation in a dune profile correlate to the number of stages of succession? I was looking through my textbook and realised that I just made the assumption that they do correlate but I’m not sure if that’s right.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Ricky Kenan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi,
Use past papers and deeply tackle question after question getting help from your teachers or internet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (91)
16.52%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (56)
10.16%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (98)
17.79%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15.25%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
9.8%
How can I be the best version of myself? (168)
30.49%

Watched Threads