Weights got heavy? Watch

waqaspk3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
The last time I went to the gym was on 3rd Feb and did 70kg squats for 5x5 but then the following day I became very ill and stayed ill for like a week or something. Recently got better so I went to the gym today and man that 70kg for me was like lifting a car and it put a lot of stress on my lower back and now it hurts. That has never happened to me but I would like to know that why did I feel 70kg so heavy and same goes for deadlift before becoming ill I could do 80kg but now was struggling with 70kg. Have I lost strength or something? My lower back hurts as well not like a lot but still I could feel it.
S.shokar17
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
well since you had flu you could be suffering from fatigue or urban muscles might not be ready and from all the resting you might have lost strength. it's pretty normal. normally, you should be able to get the strength back pretty soon. try going for lighter weight and slowly move to heavier. this will prevent you from any back or muscle stretch
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That happens to me when my calories are too low for too long. I imagine you weren't eating as you were before while you were ill, which is understandable. It'll come back in a couple more workouts.
luckyvenkat
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Try working to 15 to 20% above your current 1RM squat. The benefits are numerous: Once you get comfortable with heavy weight on your back, your normal squat poundage will feel much lighter. Standing with a heavy load on your back will make your upper back, traps, and core work like nothing else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (147)
18.51%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
9.82%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (135)
17%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (113)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (77)
9.7%
How can I be the best version of myself? (244)
30.73%

Watched Threads