The Student Room Group

I’m in ****

So my parents said I could have three mates round and that meant leaving one out so eventually they said yes to four if we were quiet and we whispered the whole night but then they wanted to go to the park to meet some boys but I felt bad going out after curfew so I stayed home as my mum said that my mates could do what they wanted but I had to stay home but she then got annoyed that my mates had gone out because they were under her supervision. I understand that my friends made too much noise but I don’t get why she was annoyed that they went out because they’re all around 17, some almost 18 so I don’t see why it was a problem as they only went round the corner to say hi to some mates we know but my mum is really pissed off, opinions?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So my parents said I could have three mates round and that meant leaving one out so eventually they said yes to four if we were quiet and we whispered the whole night but then they wanted to go to the park to meet some boys but I felt bad going out after curfew so I stayed home as my mum said that my mates could do what they wanted but I had to stay home but she then got annoyed that my mates had gone out because they were under her supervision. I understand that my friends made too much noise but I don’t get why she was annoyed that they went out because they’re all around 17, some almost 18 so I don’t see why it was a problem as they only went round the corner to say hi to some mates we know but my mum is really pissed off, opinions?

What time did they go out
Reply 2
Original post by IMD16
What time did they go out

Reply 3
This is just a very typical mum thing to be honest. When you say "she then got annoyed that my mates had gone out because they were under her supervision" - it sounds like she's probably just worried in case something were to happen to your friends as their parents are relying on your mum to look after them at your house. If anything had happened to them then she would be put to blame so it's understandable why she would be worried or annoyed that they left the house.
It's also a bit rude of your friends, to be honest to go out without you! Shows that they cared more about meeting the boys than spending the night with you - I can understand why your mum might be cross - she orobably feels like your mates were using you.
Your mum said your friends could do what they wanted but then got annoyed when they went out. She can't really complain.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

She’s probably just a bit frustrated considering that she thinks that she had to take care of them because they were under her roof. Keep telling her that it’s no problem, don’t be mad at her, she has your best interest at heart ♥️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending