The Student Room Group

Depo injection - your thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Jammie_x
Same as me then! I was terrible at taking tablets hence thought this be ok to take but it’s been absolutely awful. Like you wish I did more research into it. I do that a lot when I go to work! Come back, go into my room, cba to do anything except from watching tv. I never been the greatest peoples person admittedly but I know even little things I get frustrated with now a days. The way someone even ass how I am. - I’m like “why is this convo boring? And asking how I am” - I literally am just negative all the time. Can’t see the positive in pretty much everything. I haven’t had the nervousness tbf - didn’t even know that was a symptom but had high blood pressure and constant tingling in my arms. That has subsided a bit but have had high temperatures, dizziness, headaches, feeling sick and being sick, tingling in arms, backache, fatigue, stomach pains, legs being weak struggling to walk, and not stopped bleeding at all since the termination! You had no bleeding either? You are so lucky!!! Do you mind me asking if the termination you had was surgical or by the pills?? X

Yeah nervousness is a side effect from it, weirdly! Wow youve had so many different side effects, its sicken that they still give the injection out when they know how it effects people. I was close to suicidal at one point! It was a very weird scary experience! Nope no bleeding until after i stopped taking it! It was the pills i used! Wbu? Xx
Original post by Anonymous
Have you been to see a doctor about this? They can give you the pill to take alongside the depo, which will stop the bleeding. And obviously don't agree to have another injection in the future if it is causing so many problems.

Had loads of pills to try and stop the bleeding but nothing
Original post by Xellbt
Yeah nervousness is a side effect from it, weirdly! Wow youve had so many different side effects, its sicken that they still give the injection out when they know how it effects people. I was close to suicidal at one point! It was a very weird scary experience! Nope no bleeding until after i stopped taking it! It was the pills i used! Wbu? Xx

I had it surgically since didn’t wanna see anything come out my body but tbf had endless problems since. Ikr!!! Just don’t think it sets very well with me at all. I get upset over nothing but I’m mainly angry so been lucky not to feel suicidial you felt with it. Never really felt nervous either! Xx
Reply 23
Original post by Jammie_x
I had it surgically since didn’t wanna see anything come out my body but tbf had endless problems since. Ikr!!! Just don’t think it sets very well with me at all. I get upset over nothing but I’m mainly angry so been lucky not to feel suicidial you felt with it. Never really felt nervous either! Xx

Either way isn't a nice experience! Think our hormones are just so up in the air at the minute! I was on the pill, then accidently got pregannt so had a termination and got the depo shot this has obviously had a major impact to my hormones/ emontions. It's very weird how it effects people! Fingers crossed we both feel ourselves again soon! Xx
Reply 24
I had side affects too. Never had abdominal pains, so really suggest getting that checked out quickly. I found it really affected my moods, very irregular bleeding, weight gain & total loss if sex drive, also sex uncomfortable etc. At the time I didn’t realise how much it was affecting me until I stopped taking it.
If you’re struggling to remember the pill & suffering side affects with depo, perhaps consider the coil?

How long did it take for the side effects to go away? Mines been about 5-6 month since my last shot and still feeling it. I feel it more when i would be due on my period but there a bit hit and miss at the minute.. but its generally before i come on maybe about a week before i get really bad anxiety 😫 to the point i never think i will be happy again and start remembering the good days as though it was someone else's life!
I was on it fir a couple of years & I hadn’t realised how much it affected me until nearer the end. Once I stopped & it finally was out of my system I really noticed the difference. I think you need to consider alternatives.
Reply 26
I was on it fir a couple of years & I hadn’t realised how much it affected me until nearer the end. Once I stopped & it finally was out of my system I really noticed the difference. I think you need to consider alternatives

Yeah I only got one shot and straight away i noticed a massive difference in myself, i was sweating, Couldnt sleep, eat, Concentrate.. i was panicking all the time. My belly constantly felt like it was in a knot. It was the kind of feeling you get when your going on a scary ride! That's the only way i can explain it! So i never got the depo again, I'm waiting until i feel 100% myself again before i go back on my form of contraception.. tbh its scared me that much i dont want to

Quick Reply

Latest