Cie igcse exams feb/march 2019 Watch

Kroznox
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shrikha)
(Original post by shanaya8903)i found the water flowing through cylinder question tough

lol I did find the factorising question hard, the water tank question was pretty easy imo
i'm starting to panic. i don't know why i feel confident sometimes and then feel absolutely unprepared the next minute. i managed to get 4A*s and 5As for my mocks, but i got lucky... now it's starting to get to my head. my first exam is 69 days away, how do I prepare? my math is at a weak A, but I want to get it up to a mid A, to ensure i get an A in the real exam. How do i revise for biology, chemistry and physics? we haven't finished the whole syllabus and idk how to do paper 6 if i'm being honest. how do i calm down? do i have enough time left until the exams start? my french oral is in 24 days, and idek if my teacher will be biased against me. thx, any advice from you guys would be appreciated.
shrikha
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Kroznox)
i'm starting to panic. i don't know why i feel confident sometimes and then feel absolutely unprepared the next minute. i managed to get 4A*s and 5As for my mocks, but i got lucky... now it's starting to get to my head. my first exam is 69 days away, how do I prepare? my math is at a weak A, but I want to get it up to a mid A, to ensure i get an A in the real exam. How do i revise for biology, chemistry and physics? we haven't finished the whole syllabus and idk how to do paper 6 if i'm being honest. how do i calm down? do i have enough time left until the exams start? my french oral is in 24 days, and idek if my teacher will be biased against me. thx, any advice from you guys would be appreciated.
Hiya xD I do French too, and my orals got over about 15 days back! It was my first board exam and I was incredibly nervous, but it wasn't so bad! Do the recent roleplay cards (probably from 2016, which I didn't do), one of my friends actually got a card that was very similar to the one I helped him do! I got good grades in my mocks too, and I didn't even study. But I'm still freaking out over every single subject, it's normal, don't worry lol xD By the way, for maths I didn't prepare much, but I highly recommend you do papers or just watch YouTube videos to learn the concepts, trust me, it helps! I usually don't do Paper 4 very well, I always end up making careless mistakes, but I compensate by doing the 70 mark paper well. Get atleast 65+ in Paper 2, and all you need is 105 for a guaranteed A. Science subjects, I did well in my mocks but I don't know how my boards went (Biology is on Monday and I haven't even started studying yet lol) but doing past papers did help a lot with time management. But I would recommend knowing the content first and then doing papers tbh. I didn't do too many, I did 14 for Chemistry Paper 4 and 9 for Physics P4. Did 1 for Biology xD I didn't bother doing any for the ATP and English papers, but they weren't bad, usually they require common sense. I'd recommend reading: Acids, Bases and Salts; Salt analysis; Flame colours; Salt colours and Seperation techniques for Chemistry ATP, honestly don't know what I'm planning to do for the other 2 subjects. I do Computer Science too, but you didn't seem to mention it, so I don't think you need any advice (well, it's not like I have anything to offer) xD

I definitely do think you have enough time to ace your exams, I'm gonna start reading my Biology textbook for the first time lmao, wish me luck xD
Last edited by shrikha; 1 month ago
zoyy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aadit443)yepppp!aaand it was super easyyy
haha yessss!! i hope paper 2 is easy as well !!
shrikha
Rep:
?
(Original post by zoyy)
(Original post by Aadit443)yepppp!aaand it was super easyyy
haha yessss!! i hope paper 2 is easy as well !!
Business? I heard thresholds are usually quite low too, so good job guys xD
zoyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
heyy you have companyy!! i'm going to open my biology textbook after ssoo loong!!! also i have economics on monday so gotta prepare for that as well
Hiya xD I do French too, and my orals got over about 15 days back! It was my first board exam and I was incredibly nervous, but it wasn't so bad! Do the recent roleplay cards (probably from 2016, which I didn't do), one of my friends actually got a card that was very similar to the one I helped him do! I got good grades in my mocks too, and I didn't even study. But I'm still freaking out over every single subject, it's normal, don't worry lol xD By the way, for maths I didn't prepare much, but I highly recommend you do papers or just watch YouTube videos to learn the concepts, trust me, it helps! I usually don't do Paper 4 very well, I always end up making careless mistakes, but I compensate by doing the 70 mark paper well. Get atleast 65+ in Paper 2, and all you need is 105 for a guaranteed A. Science subjects, I did well in my mocks but I don't know how my boards went (Biology is on Monday and I haven't even started studying yet lol) but doing past papers did help a lot with time management. But I would recommend knowing the content first and then doing papers tbh. I didn't do too many, I did 14 for Chemistry Paper 4 and 9 for Physics P4. Did 1 for Biology xD I didn't bother doing any for the ATP and English papers, but they weren't bad, usually they require common sense. I'd recommend reading: Acids, Bases and Salts; Salt analysis; Flame colours; Salt colours and Seperation techniques for Chemistry ATP, honestly don't know what I'm planning to do for the other 2 subjects. I do Computer Science too, but you didn't seem to mention it, so I don't think you need any advice (well, it's not like I have anything to offer) xD

I definitely do think you have enough time to ace your exams, I'm gonna start reading my Biology textbook for the first time lmao, wish me luck xD
zoyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Business? I heard thresholds are usually quite low too, so good job guys xD
thankyou so much btw how many subjects do you take?
zoyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
in my opinion you have enough time to prepare , do not panic and be chill . Make sure you finish all the points in syllabus especiallly in science . Maths is alll about practice . i suppose you're doing May june so try doing that more often .the 2015 May June maths is very tough ! Paper 6 is easiest in chem just study the topics the other friend (shrikha) mentioned.the toughest ATP i feel is physics and just do not loose your mind always have faith !
shrikha
Rep:
?
(Original post by zoyy)
thankyou so much btw how many subjects do you take?
I do 7 subjects. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, French, English, Maths and Computer Science xD You?
zoyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shrikha)I do 7 subjects. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, French, English, Maths and Computer Science xD You?

ooh I do 8: physics, chemistry , biology , maths , business studies , economics, Hindi and English
Kroznox
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Thank you so much for this reply! It really calmed me down and gave me a perspective on everything. Best of luck for Biology! If you need last minute resources make sure to check out ZNotes and A star Biology notes, just type these phrases into Google. Hope everything goes well. Let me know how the Biology paper goes!

(Original post by zoyy)
in my opinion you have enough time to prepare , do not panic and be chill . Make sure you finish all the points in syllabus especiallly in science . Maths is alll about practice . i suppose you're doing May june so try doing that more often .the 2015 May June maths is very tough ! Paper 6 is easiest in chem just study the topics the other friend (shrikha) mentioned.the toughest ATP i feel is physics and just do not loose your mind always have faith !
Thanks! I will try to stay positive and attempt to do the June 2015 Maths papers. Maybe I'll start attempting to do Paper 6s in Physics and Chemistry. They're quite hard, but I guess practice will help? Best of luck with your exams! Let me know how it goes!
shrikha
Rep:
?
Wow that sounds like a handful. Economics is really interesting but isn't it heavy in content? It's unfortunate that Biology and Economics are on the same day, I'm sure I would have passed out just thinking about it. You must be a legend xD Good luck for Monday, I'm sure you'll do well!
shrikha
Rep:
?
Thank you so much for this reply! It really calmed me down and gave me a perspective on everything. Best of luck for Biology! If you need last minute resources make sure to check out ZNotes and A star Biology notes, just type these phrases into Google. Hope everything goes well. Let me know how the Biology paper goes!

Thanks! I will try to stay positive and attempt to do the June 2015 Maths papers. Maybe I'll start attempting to do Paper 6s in Physics and Chemistry. They're quite hard, but I guess practice will help? Best of luck with your exams! Let me know how it goes!
Thanks a lot! Oh and I forgot to mention, read rates of reaction too, usually comes up in the exam 80% of the time xD For Physics, usually you're just asked to read ammeters and voltmeters and draw simple circuits, which isn't all that bad, but it's always good to practice. I have a document of questions that I typed out that you may be asked to ask in roleplay (as in the "answers" to the questions that say "posez une question sur les heures d'ouverture" or something similar), I can send it to you if you want. Wishing you luck for your exams! (I'll check A star notes out!)
zoyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wow that sounds like a handful. Economics is really interesting but isn't it heavy in content? It's unfortunate that Biology and Economics are on the same day, I'm sure I would have passed out just thinking about it. You must be a legend xD Good luck for Monday, I'm sure you'll do well!
aah well tbh economics is the easiest out of all if you know how to just answer the questions properly. yeaah it's unfortunate that bio and economics are together but we've been practiced from our school really well soo hopefully that'll help haha not sure about the legend part πŸ˜‚πŸ€·*♀️.i'm sooo done with these exams already and i'm a master procrastinator! what about you ? are you always motivated to study? πŸ™ˆ also thankyou so much . i hope i'll do well Insha Allah , may you do your exams well too !
shrikha
Rep:
?
(Original post by zoyy)
aah well tbh economics is the easiest out of all if you know how to just answer the questions properly. yeaah it's unfortunate that bio and economics are together but we've been practiced from our school really well soo hopefully that'll help haha not sure about the legend part πŸ˜‚πŸ€·*♀️.i'm sooo done with these exams already and i'm a master procrastinator! what about you ? are you always motivated to study? πŸ™ˆ also thankyou so much . i hope i'll do well Insha Allah , may you do your exams well too !
Oh please, I've been studying the night before for all my exams so far lol. I'm literally planning to do Biology on Sunday, no joke xD And count me in the list of master procrastinatorsπŸ˜‚ Also thanks a lot, may god save me and my results xD
zoyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh please, I've been studying the night before for all my exams so far lol. I'm literally planning to do Biology on Sunday, no joke xD And count me in the list of master procrastinatorsπŸ˜‚ Also thanks a lot, may god save me and my results xD
haha i feel youu!! πŸ™ŒπŸ˜‚ how did your mocks goo ?!.We had 2 mocks , so for the first mock i studied my ass off day and night struggling and unfortunately i wasn't happy with results , not that it was bad but i didn't get the reward that i did for all the hardwork , then mock 2 was alll chill and no studying at all coz i was soo demotivated and lolll i got the best marks for that πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆ
shrikha
Rep:
?
(Original post by zoyy)
haha i feel youu!! πŸ™ŒπŸ˜‚ how did your mocks goo ?!.We had 2 mocks , so for the first mock i studied my ass off day and night struggling and unfortunately i wasn't happy with results , not that it was bad but i didn't get the reward that i did for all the hardwork , then mock 2 was alll chill and no studying at all coz i was soo demotivated and lolll i got the best marks for that πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆ
I got 1 A*, 4As and 2Bs in both (Percentage Uniform Marks) xD It was all A*s with thresholds except Math and French which I ended up getting A in lol

I didn't study for both rip πŸ˜‚ I hope my results in the legit stuff are okay xD
Last edited by shrikha; 1 month ago
Aadit443
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There is not much for eco..Just 52 chaps Xd
shrikha
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aadit443)
52?! I thought there were only 26? I guess you use a different textbook lol but good luck xD
Aadit443
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It sounds sooo daunting idk will i make it or no lolll.I am done with eco but rip i haven't started bio yettttttttt
shrikha
Rep:
?
It sounds sooo daunting idk will i make it or no lolll.I am done with eco but rip i haven't started bio yettttttttt
lol same, I'm literally reading fanfiction right now xD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (452)
37.95%
No - but I will (89)
7.47%
No - I don't want to (83)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (567)
47.61%

Watched Threads