Parking Fine NPC

Watch
Gmandonley
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was waiting for a friend the around 12 at night other day and ( NPC ) took a photo of my car entering and leaving the car park. Which was only for 27 mins. During this time I never left my car I was sat inside waiting for the full duration. Yet I still received a fine through my door.
Was just wondering am I in the wrong for this or should I appeal?
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Gmandonley)
I was waiting for a friend the around 12 at night other day and ( NPC ) took a photo of my car entering and leaving the car park. Which was only for 27 mins. During this time I never left my car I was sat inside waiting for the full duration. Yet I still received a fine through my door.
How much did you overstay by? Some car parks, they have cameras which track when a car enters and when a car leaves a car park (using your car registration). If the amount of time exceeds the time that they set, they will charge a fine.

If you feel an error has been made, you can appeal.
BBx2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I assume you didn’t pay for the time you were there? Even if you didn’t leave the car, you were still using the car park, so they would have expected you to pay.
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Moved to Cars and motoring.
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So you were inside your car... Parked?? Think that answers your own question.

Don't waste their time appealing.
xDron3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You parked your car and I assume you didn't pay. 30 minutes it's a hefty time to be waiting around.

There's no point appealing, you're in the wrong.
Gmandonley
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi

I wrote this message up quickly as was in a worry. I forgot to add that I was not parked inside there car park. I was behind a restaurant waiting inside my car. The reason why the notice was send was due to me passing through the barriers and leaving through them. Still unsure on what to do
(Original post by xDron3)
You parked your car and I assume you didn't pay. 30 minutes it's a hefty time to be waiting around.

There's no point appealing, you're in the wrong.
xDron3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

I wrote this message up quickly as was in a worry. I forgot to add that I was not parked inside there car park. I was behind a restaurant waiting inside my car. The reason why the notice was send was due to me passing through the barriers and leaving through them. Still unsure on what to do
On the back of this restaurant, did any of it belong to the car park company or connect in any way at all.

Also is there any other way to get to this place other than through the car park?
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

You drove out of the car park 27 minutes after entering - whether you were in a bay or not is irrelevant.
U33B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Car parks give you approximately 5-10 or maximum 15mins grace period before they issue a fine. Some don`t even give you any grace period and slap you with a fine straight away. Unfortunately, you overstayed that grace period (if there was any grace period) so you were rightly given a ticket. In the future park your car for a few minutes outside of the car park, look at the terms and conditions on the signs or boards and then park. There is no point in appealing because you will lose the case. People might say it`s a private car park so don`t pay because they can`t do anything about it and I’m one of them. However, judging by the time of contravention it appears that these type of car parks will go to full lengths to get their money. If they can issue you a fine at midnight, I have no doubt that they will take you to court and win the case where you will pay more than what the fine is currently should you refuse to pay. So just pay and learn from this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (19)
29.23%
No - I have already returned home (8)
12.31%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (13)
20%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (4)
6.15%
No - I live at home during term anyway (21)
32.31%

Watched Threads