Parking Fine NPC Watch

Gmandonley
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I was waiting for a friend the around 12 at night other day and ( NPC ) took a photo of my car entering and leaving the car park. Which was only for 27 mins. During this time I never left my car I was sat inside waiting for the full duration. Yet I still received a fine through my door.
Was just wondering am I in the wrong for this or should I appeal?
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gmandonley)
I was waiting for a friend the around 12 at night other day and ( NPC ) took a photo of my car entering and leaving the car park. Which was only for 27 mins. During this time I never left my car I was sat inside waiting for the full duration. Yet I still received a fine through my door.
How much did you overstay by? Some car parks, they have cameras which track when a car enters and when a car leaves a car park (using your car registration). If the amount of time exceeds the time that they set, they will charge a fine.

If you feel an error has been made, you can appeal.
BBx2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I assume you didn’t pay for the time you were there? Even if you didn’t leave the car, you were still using the car park, so they would have expected you to pay.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Moved to Cars and motoring.
RoyalSheepy
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
So you were inside your car... Parked?? Think that answers your own question.

Don't waste their time appealing.
xDron3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You parked your car and I assume you didn't pay. 30 minutes it's a hefty time to be waiting around.

There's no point appealing, you're in the wrong.
Gmandonley
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi

I wrote this message up quickly as was in a worry. I forgot to add that I was not parked inside there car park. I was behind a restaurant waiting inside my car. The reason why the notice was send was due to me passing through the barriers and leaving through them. Still unsure on what to do
(Original post by xDron3)
You parked your car and I assume you didn't pay. 30 minutes it's a hefty time to be waiting around.

There's no point appealing, you're in the wrong.
xDron3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi

I wrote this message up quickly as was in a worry. I forgot to add that I was not parked inside there car park. I was behind a restaurant waiting inside my car. The reason why the notice was send was due to me passing through the barriers and leaving through them. Still unsure on what to do
On the back of this restaurant, did any of it belong to the car park company or connect in any way at all.

Also is there any other way to get to this place other than through the car park?
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi

You drove out of the car park 27 minutes after entering - whether you were in a bay or not is irrelevant.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (74)
15.85%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (48)
10.28%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (88)
18.84%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (66)
14.13%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (50)
10.71%
How can I be the best version of myself? (141)
30.19%

Watched Threads