How to find time to see my GF? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I go uni + I work 2 part-time jobs to be able to afford my rent, I’m busy pretty much 7 days a week and find it hard to get days off from work.

My partner lives about an hour and half away.

Any advice?
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I go uni + I work 2 part-time jobs to be able to afford my rent, I’m busy pretty much 7 days a week and find it hard to get days off from work.

My partner lives about an hour and half away.

Any advice?
Do you have evenings off? Your partner could come to stay with/visit you.

You mention that you are working 2 part time jobs, would it be an option to find one job that would cover your rent and other expenses, as well as giving you some time off? Do you also have some kind of maintenance loan or do your parents help you financially?
Robot boy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't sleep...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
Do you have evenings off? Your partner could come to stay with/visit you.

You mention that you are working 2 part time jobs, would it be an option to find one job that would cover your rent and other expenses, as well as giving you some time off? Do you also have some kind of maintenance loan or do your parents help you financially?
I mostly finish uni quite late so it's hard to find time, my partner doesn't drive so is kinda hard. I'm going to try and find just one part-time job to found my rent etc. My mum says I work too much and make myself ill, since I have no time off anymore.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I would take a break from relationships if I was in that situation, personally.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, I did wonder about your work/life balance. I think your mother is right. You do need some time for yourself, as well as time to use for your studies too. Concentrate on finding one job that would cover your rent and other costs. Do you also have a maintenance loan or do your parents help financially?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
Yes, I did wonder about your work/life balance. I think your mother is right. You do need some time for yourself, as well as time to use for your studies too. Concentrate on finding one job that would cover your rent and other costs. Do you also have a maintenance loan or do your parents help financially?
My mum helps contribute for my electricity and my car insurance which is over £1,000 right now - other things I pay for like rent on my own.

I do agree with my mum my work/life balanced is messed up right now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (155)
18.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (82)
9.84%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (141)
16.93%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (119)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.48%
How can I be the best version of myself? (257)
30.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed