The Student Room Group

Missing my ex after two months

Yo,so I really need to have closure on this whole thing,my ex and me went out twice 1st relationship was 2 months then he broke up and 3 days later he got with someone else and yeah ofcorse my stupid self said yes the second time we went out for 3months then a week later after that relationship he got back with the same other person. The day before valentines he said he liked me as we had been talking again but then the next day he text me saying hi,I don’t really wanna date you as I’m looking for someone new plus I don’t really like you in that way,I’m sorry.sorry but why would you play with someone’s feelings like that why would you get someone to admit they had feelings for you to the next day to go actually nahh,I know I should be so past this but I can’t get over it which is pathetic I really don’t know what to do,he is also in my friendship group so whenever we meet up unless it’s just out with the girls he is there has anyone else been in a similar situation? X
Original post by Anonymous
Yo,so I really need to have closure on this whole thing,my ex and me went out twice 1st relationship was 2 months then he broke up and 3 days later he got with someone else and yeah ofcorse my stupid self said yes the second time we went out for 3months then a week later after that relationship he got back with the same other person. The day before valentines he said he liked me as we had been talking again but then the next day he text me saying hi,I don’t really wanna date you as I’m looking for someone new plus I don’t really like you in that way,I’m sorry.sorry but why would you play with someone’s feelings like that why would you get someone to admit they had feelings for you to the next day to go actually nahh,I know I should be so past this but I can’t get over it which is pathetic I really don’t know what to do,he is also in my friendship group so whenever we meet up unless it’s just out with the girls he is there has anyone else been in a similar situation? X

first - there is no rule for how long it takes. I have gotten over exes in anywhere from a few days, to months to years.. you can't tell how long it will take, all you can do is take steps to help speed it up.

So that brings things on to:

second - distance is beautiful after a break-up. My wife asks how me and one of my exes are pretty good friends many years later, and the answer is simple: we didn't see each other for years after breaking up (apart from a few casual run-ins. It meant that our feelings and the bad emotions were completly gone by the time we saw each other again, in a friend-ship context.. If your seeing that person everday, its like being cut, and then constantly sticking the knife back in.. of course the wound can't heal.

Honestly, if your struggling with it, and you know he isn't good for you - its best just to distnace yourself. Hang around with some different people for a while.. go to things that he isn't going to etc. Create some distnace between you... and the bonus will be that you will force yourself to meet a lot of new people - giving you more chance of finding someone new to take your mind off him, and give you a new alternative your haert can go to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending