I really hope my older brother will kick his gf out and that he will dump her. Watch

Maria15
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
i live with them (i am 15). i really hate my brothers gf, she is taking him away from me. he loves her a lot. he smiles a lot when she is around, he doesnt smile that much when i am around.

he doesnt love me as much as he loves her. when i do something wrong or make a mistake he gets mad at me and punishes me but if she makes any mistake he doesnt get mad. for example:
she once got drank and kissed another guy but he forgave her.

but he is mad at me just because i drank some of his alcohol and that he found out i smoke, he doesnt want me to meet my friends and made 18:00 a curfew.
Last edited by Maria15; 3 weeks ago
Robot boy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
U should not drink or smoke from 14...
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Maria15)
i live with them (i am 14). i really hate my brothers gf, she is taking him away from me. he loves her a lot. he smiles a lot when she is around, he doesnt smile that much when i am around.

he doesnt love me as much as he loves her. when i do something wrong or make a mistake he gets mad at me and punishes me but if she makes any mistake he doesnt get mad. for example:

but he is mad at me just because i drank some of his alcohol and that he found out i smoke, he doesnt want me to meet my friends and made 18:00 a curfew.
You’re 14, he’s probably doing this to protect you . Don’t think he doesn’t love you more than his girl friend . Blood is thicker than water 🙂
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Maria15
Rep:
?
(Original post by Robot boy)
U should not drink or smoke from 14...
i know
Maria15
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
You’re 14, he’s probably doing this to protect you . Don’t think he doesn’t love you more than his girl friend . Blood is thicker than water 🙂
i still believe he loves her more than me.
London090
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If he loves her then you should be happy for him, he doesn't love you any less. You are his sister, he will love you forever because you have the same blood running through your veins. I promise you that whatever he's doing for you is for the betterment of yourself.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Your brother is your legal guardian (I assume you're that person, saw the last thread but don't remember the name), and he's behaving much like a parent would. He's doing that because he loves you - it'd be much easier to not care if you drank or smoked (which is silly at your age), and let you do as you like, but he's doing the more difficult thing by trying to stop you.

If he didn't love you, he wouldn't care.
GetTheLondonLook
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
On the last thread you said you were 15....🤔
timfrangopulo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i live with them (i am 14). i really hate my brothers gf, she is taking him away from me. he loves her a lot. he smiles a lot when she is around, he doesnt smile that much when i am around.

It is hard when you are young,sometimes, to distinguish between the various types of love .In this case it seems to me that he is behaving in good older sibling manner, trying to influence you, and point you in the right direction. It also seems to me that he has an additional role as a parent, this is not the role one expects ,ever, to take on and is probably very difficult for him. Unlike others on hereI am not going to lecture you about smoking and drinking ,you already know the rights and wrongs of this. However, you have to understand that your brothers' love for his girlfriend is a different type of love not the least of which presumably is physical and romantic and sharing moments that lovers do. You have to remember that his attention is divided between two people he loves in different ways. Don't be jealous or angry with the girl friend remember in the not too distant future you will mapping out a life of your own so enjoy the fact that your brother has someone to love and will be content when you feel ready to move on. Good luck enjoy life, its to precious to waste on this.
timfrangopulo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by GetTheLondonLook)
No her name is Maria 15 she has maintained 13 as her age throughout. I presume the user name is a numeric value because of other Marias
Maria15
Rep:
?
(Original post by GetTheLondonLook)
lol i didnt realize/see that i wrote 4 in place of 5. thanks
Maria15
Rep:
?
(Original post by timfrangopulo)
No her name is Maria 15 she has maintained 13 as her age throughout. I presume the user name is a numeric value because of other Marias
what? i made a mistake, 4 and 5 literally are next to each other cant i make a mistake? oh humans.
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i live with them (i am 15). i really hate my brothers gf, she is taking him away from me. he loves her a lot. he smiles a lot when she is around, he doesnt smile that much when i am around.

I think you need to grow up a little bit. You sound very silly and childish
shadowdweller
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't think what you've outlined suggests he loves her more, just that he loves you both differently.

He's your brother, and you're 14, so it's likely a protective kind of love, to an extent - hence not wanting you to smoke/drink, setting a curfew etc. That's not a sign he doesn't love you, if anything it's a sign that he does because he's trying to make sure you're okay.
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I mean if you wanted him to show you the same love as he did his girlfriend, it would be leaning towards a Game of Thrones episode.
That'sGreat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Brothers aren't meant to show the same love to you as they do the their girlfriend. His love for you is unconditional and will maintain at a steady 1.0 average, his love for his girlfriend is conditional and may fluctuate anywhere around this 1.0 average. Also, if you really want him to show the same love for his girlfriend as he does to you, I think you should seek help.
frostfly
  • Community Assistant
Report 3 weeks ago
Your brother sounds very protective of you. Maybe he doesn't want you to meet your friends because he thinks they're a bad influence on you.
Rabbit2
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i still believe he loves her more than me.
Look at it realistically: She is a potential mate, whom he might end up creating and raising children with. You, on the other hand, are NOT, and will - in due course - find your own mate, move out, and start a family of your own. You are also younger, and he is acting 'in loco parentis' in controlling your behaviour. [https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...co%20parentis]. As to smoking: I went to work for the US Federal Government in 1969. At that time, the vast majority of the male workforce smoked nearly constantly. Eight of my close colleagues did. I attempted to tell them that the habit would insure their early demise. Not one of them could hear me. Today, ALL of them are dead. The last one died 4 years ago. These were smart people. Several of them had doctorates in engineering. Nontheless - they let the habit kill them. Two died whilst their children were still young [pre-uni age]. I managed to avoid making the mistake they made. You may want to appear 'cool' with your friends, but when they are lying in the morgue, and you are catching a bus home, you will feel [at least i do] that THAT is 'cooler'. Cheers.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That's not what the quote means...
goggleyed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
won't be any different when you get a boyfriend. you will love him more than your brother
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.34%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.61%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.49%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (35)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.3%
How can I be the best version of myself? (73)
29.92%

Watched Threads