The Student Room Group

Sunderland University or Northumbria University

I am wanting to study Mental Health Nursing in the North East and need some advice on which University to attend. Sunderland have just recently started the Nursing Degrees and 've herd good feedback (however this has been feedback from the university it's self) but is further to travel and I have to pay toll fees. Northumbria have always done Nursing and are usually recommended (however there course has been labelled a unorganised) and is closer to home. Can anyone me some advice on what I should do and which University you think would be best?
Original post by DeThompson
I am wanting to study Mental Health Nursing in the North East and need some advice on which University to attend. Sunderland have just recently started the Nursing Degrees and 've herd good feedback (however this has been feedback from the university it's self) but is further to travel and I have to pay toll fees. Northumbria have always done Nursing and are usually recommended (however there course has been labelled a unorganised) and is closer to home. Can anyone me some advice on what I should do and which University you think would be best?

Hi De,

My advice would be to visit both universities at an Open Day to get a true feel for the campus and to learn more about the course from both academics and current students. Looking online at the course pages will give you an idea of the modules you'll be studying, so comparing these may help in your decision making as one may play to your strengths more.

Also, take into account the City you'll be based in, do you prefer one to the other, does one provide accommodation options more suited to you, which course has better links to the industry/employability opportunities? Factoring in these answers should hopefully help in your decision making.

If you have any questions about the course at the University of Sunderland, don't hesitate to get in touch. Or if it would help, I can also look into putting you in touch with some of our current Mental Health Nursing students or the academics themselves to gain a real perspective of the course.

Thanks,
Kelly :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending