The Student Room Group

BBB to A*AA in 3 to 4 months

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JayrZ
hi I'm doing the new fm a level. I'm not finding it that difficult but I just wanna know what you did to revise for it, specifically further mechanics if u did it because I keep struggling in exams despite doing most of the book questions.

I literally did every past paper for every module I was sitting, often I would do the papers twice with a reasonable gap in between. That's pretty much it. I started with my normal pure, then once confident introduces further pure, then once confident introduced my applied modules. Not really much point practicing the applied modules if you haven't mastered the pure.

Specifically, for the further mechanics, I and everyone else in my class had quite a struggle with this. My first mock in about March I got like 17/72, still was like the second highest in the class :laugh: I just went through my textbook topic by topic until I was confident on each topic, and then moved onto past papers.

That's pretty much all I did. It was a lot of practice, but the revision strategy was pretty simple.

Hope that's somewhat helpful. And Good Luck!

Jack.
I am currently reaching for an A/A* in health and social care. My exam is in roughly 3 months. Very recently I knew nothing on the topic, basically. And I mean nothing, conclusively. Anyway, I found this revision video on youtube, about the most effective ways of revising It is backed up with research findings, and I can honestly tell you it was sooo useful to me. I have currently been going the my subject books and just making questions for myself about all the information I see as useful that is written.. which is quite a lot, but my plan is to finish writing all of the questions down as I go through my subject books, and then once I've done basically all possible relevant questions for each aspect of the course, I will then write all of the answers down (probably shouldve done that on another sheet when writing the questions) but anyway, I will write down the answers with specific phrasing i.e. including key words and such, and will then just keep going across alllllll the questions for 2 months and hopefully remember everything solid by the time of the exam. It sounds long, but personally, it brings about active recall (as the guys speaks about in the video), and also is much more efficient than reading whole textbook text over and over and highlighting with minimal gain. Remembering all the key stuff you want to is essential, and minimising all extraneous content it also very useful. i'm finding it GREAT. You even learn as you make up all the questions. I remember many answers without even revising back yet. Anyway, really, watch the video, or/and try my method! Also obviously you should answer the questions verbally and also make exam questions to answer on paper, and very very importantly, keep doing exam past papers. Hand in all ur written work to ur teacher and ask what grade is this and ask for more and more advice till you get to an A/A*! (Mindmaps are also good i think - to recite knowledge and interlink for a more strong understanding of what u r writing!) (Heres the video link, too.
(edited 5 years ago)
I got 6A*s for O/L and now I am getting CCCCs and I have AS in 3 weeks ,are there any tips to boost my grades to A* A* A* A*

Quick Reply

Latest