The Student Room Group

Why does my sister say i am not cut out for education when i got good A level grades?

Why does my sister say i am not cut out for education when i got good grades at A level? Why does she say its too much for me?
Is she jealous? Did she get to Higher Education? :dontknow:
Reply 2
Original post by charl.elise
Is she jealous? Did she get to Higher Education? :dontknow:

She judges too quickly. She thinks if you fail one you should leave altogether because its too much for you. My whole family did btec and yeah she did get to higher education. She expects you to pass exams without revising. She says if you stress you shouldnt study.
Original post by Anonymous
She judges too quickly. She thinks if you fail one you should leave altogether because its too much for you. My whole family did btec and yeah she did get to higher education. She expects you to pass exams without revising. She says if you stress you shouldnt study.

Sheesh, sounds like she's just defensive of her imaginary spot as 'smartest child' of the family, in that case.
If you go on to further education she'll have to compete with you.
Everyone stresses. And you need to revise for A Levels. So she's just trying to put you off challenging her, by the sounds of things, by making you feel like there's something wrong with you.
If you got good grades at A Level then f what she thinks. :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by Robot boy
elder sis or younger???
tell her to focus on her own studies...

Elder and she is just concerned about getting me to work as soon as possible. Shes working now.
Some people have education sorted, in that they have a great memory, a good approach to revision, and the motivation to do well. Other people find it more of a chore, and have to really really work at it. Perhaps that's what she means.

But having to work harder doesn't mean you're "not cut out" for it, so long as you are willing to put the work in I mean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending