'Domestic abuse happens to men too' Watch

StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
then she got him beat up by thugs cos she lied on him to them...she isnt serving for "domestic abuse" but she did get done for assault lol. his mum got her arrested.

i say lol only because Im happy she got arrested btw. :rolleyes:
Funnily enough I knew of a girl the same, she pulled an older guy at a party then made out he'd assaulted her (bollox) so her and 4 known wrong'ns beat the guy to death in a park. The guys all went down for manslaughter, she walked off scot free because the judge didn't want to interfere with her applying for a job as a flight attendant.
looloo2134
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Funnily enough I knew of a girl the same, she pulled an older guy at a party then made out he'd assaulted her (bollox) so her and 4 known wrong'ns beat the guy to death in a park. The guys all went down for manslaughter, she walked off scot free because the judge didn't want to interfere with her applying for a job as a flight attendant.
Was the judge male because male judges are known to give female defenses lower sentences than female judges.
ThomH97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This is a tricky issue. Obviously nobody should be permitted to inflict harm upon an innocent, not should anyone have to suffer harm. But when you've got an adult making an adult decision to move in with someone and then lies to cover up, what should the police do? It wasn't as if Alex had been imprisoned indoors.

In this case, Skeel was also worried about his son being in the 'care' of someone so violently abusive, which is sometimes even explicitly used as a threat in abusive relationships. Perhaps something can be done here

I'm not sure I quite understand what Skeel's point was with not encouraging men to talk about things or leave. Unless it becomes so prevalent that it does become an everyday occurrence, people aren't going to be discussing it casually. And if it does become so commonplace, doesn't that 'normality' make it more difficult to get out?
StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by looloo2134)
Was the judge male because male judges are known to give female defenses lower sentences than female judges.
Yeah 'John Alastair Cameron, Lord Abernethy' apparently. She literally got away with murder, organised the attack and played an active part in it, yet got an absolute discharge.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
w o w

it be's like that sometimes bruv...know "women" just like that. Guys too. But not for romantic things and lies, just revenge for like owing money and that.
oxscam
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Dandaman1)
Be careful with those statistics. Often they will lump together different offenses or use very broad definitions to inflate the numbers. For example, that '4 out of 10' figure, wherever you heard it from, might include things that wouldn't even legally be considered sexual assault. It could have also come from some small, unreliable survey. The numbers bounce around hugely depending on the source, method, definitions, etc.
The number of dodgy surveys around are insane. I remember an opinion poll on the future of the BBC stating that 80% of the public preferred watching the BBC. Once you looked into it, there was something like only 40% because it was 80% of people who did something, of people who did something else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (128)
17.9%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.21%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.79%
How can I be the best version of myself? (218)
30.49%

Watched Threads