So i cut a toxic person out of my life and i feel guilty Watch

GCSEsucks
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
so theres this girl in my school she used to be my bestfriend, we were all a group of 5 and one time i got into a fight and she said she was going to defend me this bug guy came onto me and started assaulting me (I was not fighting him) my friend just sits there and watches the fight whilst she is on the phone, she is not the typa girl to fight ppl however she has tried to fight our other best friend like she was all up in her face and stuff over a guy and she tried to swing on her but the teachers separated it, however she has had so many opportnities to fight ppl ouside our friendship group but she always act brave and wants to be the dominant one in the group trying to fight her own friends

also after the boy assulted me like the next day she hang oit with them and had the nerve to come and say that he was really funny and stuff---- anyways she forced our other friend to get back with her ex boyfriend after he had alsmost physically assaulted her so that she would help her get her bestfriend-------- my other best friend had a physical fight with this guy and she just laughed she didnt even ask if she was okay, she just asked her why she was giving her attitude

i cut her off recently but idk i feel like i regret the decision unno --- the only good thing about the girl was that we had really good jokes
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do not feel guilty. You don't need toxic people in your life.
Rainfall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You did it for good reason
GCSEsucks
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
yh but the way i did the girl did yet another one of my friends dirty so i just decided to cut her off she's had to much chances -- but even though she was a really toxic person she was really funny and we talked about the tv show friends alot ughh
YaliaV
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don’t feel guilty. It doesn’t matter if she had good points if she was really toxic. I suppose you’ll have to weigh up the pros and cons.

Stop getting into fights because you could easily end up with an injury or a criminal record.
billie mercury
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Feeling guilt is part of the process of cutting toxic people out dw
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
when I was still in high school I had to force someone out my life in quite a cruel way (he wouldn't get the message in any other way and this was a last resort), he brought everyone around him down, didn't care about anything and just held me back that is was damaging my own life considerably. he had no friends and for some reason decided to cling to me...even though I never liked him, he wasn't a very nice person tbh. He didn't take the subtle and then no so subtle hints so eventually I had to pretty much emotionally bully him to get him to leave me alone, he is the only person I ever treated that way.

Do I regret it? No, cutting him out had to be done and I'm so glad I did it those years ago. I do however regret the way in which I had to do it, however I didn't have any other choice.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
YaliaV
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
when I was still in high school I had to force someone out my life in quite a cruel way (he wouldn't get the message in any other way and this was a last resort), he brought everyone around him down, didn't care about anything and just held me back that is was damaging my own life considerably. he had no friends and for some reason decided to cling to me...even though I never liked him, he wasn't a very nice person tbh. He didn't take the subtle and then no so subtle hints so eventually I had to pretty much emotionally bully him to get him to leave me alone, he is the only person I ever treated that way.

Do I regret it? No, cutting him out had to be done and I'm so glad I did it those years ago. I do however regret the way in which I had to do it, however I didn't have any other choice.
I think we are made to feel guilty but I think guilt should be put in the bin most of the time. I had a toxic family member and I had to dump them for my own sanity. I tried to help them, but people have to be open and receptive. Some just can’t or don’t want to be helped. I think we’re supposed to enjoy life and it’s so liberating when you move on from toxicity. No guilt.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.66%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.24%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (93)
14.58%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.87%
How can I be the best version of myself? (192)
30.09%

Watched Threads