Sussex versus surrey for Psychology Watch

Roxandrax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi there! I am reaching out for insights to help me chose between Sussex and Surrey for psychology... as I am an international EU student, interested in the most “student friendly” place to study and meet new people... any help, much appreciated!!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Roxandrax)
Hi there! I am reaching out for insights to help me chose between Sussex and Surrey for psychology... as I am an international EU student, interested in the most “student friendly” place to study and meet new people... any help, much appreciated!!
Sussex is in the liveliest and most diverse town.
Surrey is a suburb of London.
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Roxandrax)
Surrey Uni is based in Guildford which is not the most student friendly of places.... Brighton will be more fun for a young person
University of Surrey
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi Roxandrax,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here, but I saw this and thought I'd have a go at answering your question

Joining one of the many societies and clubs that cater to your specific interests is a great way to meet new people here at Surrey. There are departmental societies, course-specific societies and general societies, as well as loads of sports – we have over 100 societies and 46 sports clubs, many of which offer the chance to compete or just play for fun.

Guildford is a pretty town set in the beautiful Surrey countryside and has a good mix of clubs, bars/pubs, shops and restaurants. We've also got our own 1500 capacity nightclub (Rubix) on campus which hosts regular club nights during term time. If you're after a little more variety, then you can always hop on a train and be in central London within 30-40 minutes.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'd also recommend checking out the Student-Life section of our website. You can read what our students have written about their own experiences or even take our student quiz to find out what kind of student profile best fits you.

https://www.surrey.ac.uk/student-life

I hope this helps and best of luck whichever university you choose

Nick
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • Middlesex University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (165)
18.46%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (91)
10.18%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.55%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (131)
14.65%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.51%
How can I be the best version of myself? (274)
30.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed