How to convince my Muslim boyfriend's parents to get us married? Watch

ChristinaSherly
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,
I'm really in a bad situation. I'm just hopeless.
Last edited by ChristinaSherly; 4 weeks ago
Jono*
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
just tell his parents in 6 months you're gonna start f*cking him, married or not.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
When is his dad getting back? Your families should meet soon. I’m sure once both parties have met etc. and his mum sees you lot are perfectly fine respectable people she’ll be okay with it. She has her own mind/thoughts... she’ll want her son to be happy and most likely agree.
aureisumus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How old is your boyfriend? Also one great problem you will find is Muslims put religion before everything, and also are not so tolerant of other religions, and worst thing about, 90% of muslims is the patriarch is head of family, and women are 2nd class citizens, you have to be really careful how you say things in front of the males of family, as they are so touchy over their religion, I have lived amongst them in Saudi Arabia and Dubai, and this has been my experience, in fraternizing with them, you will also have to conform to strict rules put down by head of family, and Muslim leaders, and strict clothing you may have to wear Muslim clothing, and you will lose your rights, to freedom of speech, as women are seen and not heard, basically, you could be making the biggest mistake of your life, if you conform to their rules, if your boyfriend actually loved you, he would stick up for you. Remember Muslims can take 2nd wife's, concubines, and only the first wife has authority, in family, but men rule, the main reason for the problems with muslims, is the way they treat women, you just have to see in news IS to see the fanatical side, which is because Muslims are seeing their way of life threatened by the west's freedom and equality for women. Once you convert to Islam you will be controlled by the head of family, and the local imam, and your husband, you will be in a dangerous world, that you do not understand, please think carefully what you do !
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by aureisumus)
How old is your boyfriend? Also one great problem you will find is Muslims put religion before everything, and also are not so tolerant of other religions, and worst thing about, 90% of muslims is the patriarch is head of family, and women are 2nd class citizens, you have to be really careful how you say things in front of the males of family, as they are so touchy over their religion, I have lived amongst them in Saudi Arabia and Dubai, and this has been my experience, in fraternizing with them, you will also have to conform to strict rules put down by head of family, and Muslim leaders, and strict clothing you may have to wear Muslim clothing, and you will lose your rights, to freedom of speech, as women are seen and not heard, basically, you could be making the biggest mistake of your life, if you conform to their rules, if your boyfriend actually loved you, he would stick up for you. Remember Muslims can take 2nd wife's, concubines, and only the first wife has authority, in family, but men rule, the main reason for the problems with muslims, is the way they treat women, you just have to see in news IS to see the fanatical side, which is because Muslims are seeing their way of life threatened by the west's freedom and equality for women. Once you convert to Islam you will be controlled by the head of family, and the local imam, and your husband, you will be in a dangerous world, that you do not understand, please think carefully what you do !
What are you talking about?
Megxn0
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There’s a difference between British Muslims and Muslims in Saudi Arabia. Stop jumping to conclusions. You don’t know her boyfriends family, they clearly are not insanely strict if they let their son have a non-Muslim girlfriend.
aureisumus
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well if you read about way the bf's sister is reacting without seeing her family, seems to reinforce what I was saying, and a lot of british muslims still follow islamic laws, where women have no choice but to marry who there parents name, or are muslim men get different rules from british muslim women.
aureisumus
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
oops meant question mark not full stop after muslim women at end of sentence, see how easy to make mistakes:-)
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
What are you talking about lol? Women 2nd class? Your head is full of rubbish from the media lol
jonathanjames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ChristinaSherly)
Hi,
I'm really in a bad situation. I'm just hopeless. so is my boyfriend. he's a muslim. I'm from a catholic- buddhist family. I'm a catholic and since i'm from a mixed family both my parents respect other religions a lot. so, there's no problem of me converting to muslim. i'm a law student.i started this relationship because i knew nothing will come between us for the marriage from my side. my parents are cool and my family is a good, reputed family. so, there's no reason for his family also to reject me. and I respect islam. and i have been to mosques and all that even before i met him. his parents were okay with this relationship. but, his dad is abroad and my is in our country and taking care of her three children since his dad is working so hard in that country for the family. his mom listens to his mom's elder sister and she has said some lies about my family, but she doesn't even know who i am or what my family is or atleast where i live even. we didn't go to meet his parents anyway, because his father is abroad, and we are waiting until the right time comes since we both are studying.but meanwhile his mom's elder sister has poisoned his mom's mind and have said that i'm from a bad family and my brother and father drink and fight with other people. my dad is a non alcoholic and he is a diabetic patient. he is a very innocent man who has never touched alcohol. he is also working hard to get our family rich. :/ I'm really upset. and his mom's elder sister looks like running the family and now she has poisoned his mom's head and now all of them are saying that if he proceeds with this relationship they are going to cut ties with him and never even come to the wedding. how should i convince his parents? my boyfriend sounds devastated and because of the pressure they put him through he once was going to break up also. but he didn't. what should i do? please help. it's been 1 1/2 years. we are so perfect together. I can even convert to islam because i had the faith even before i met him because i'm from a good family background. please help me :'(
Ok as a Muslim myself I can give advice. If you really like him pretend to convert to Islammto convince his parents, butter them up a lot. I know a family where the father converted but kept it secret and still is, you can do the same but vice versa, pretend to convert to convince parents and marry boy, keep it secret or tell after marriage. And it's not wrong in Islam, you know why, and tell your bf this so he knows it's ok. MUSLIM MEN ARE ALLOWED TO MARRY ANY WOMEN FROM A AMBRAHMIC FAITH, HIS PARENTS ARE DOING THE WRONG THING AND SHOULD LET YOU MARRY, REMIND HIM FORCED MARRIAGES ARE HARAAM, AND THAT ISLAMIC LAW STATES THAT IT IS HALAL. marry him before it's too late, best of luck, pleeesseee, take my advice, unless you and him want a life of regrets. And one thing as well. You need to talk to his mom, face to face, tell her what she needs to hear. Or, what you could do is elope after your degree, expose the lies, pm me if you want some advice on this situation, I can help, coming from a Muslim background and being a conservative Muslim myself, I can tell you what to tell his mom. I have to be brave, it's an important part in it life, although pay attention to studies!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (96)
16.64%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (61)
10.57%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (101)
17.5%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (88)
15.25%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (58)
10.05%
How can I be the best version of myself? (173)
29.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed