Want more information about this university?
Jorheoca
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm looking forward to go to college in the UK but I need to decide between going to Bangor or Aberystwyth University. Ill be studying a computer science degree. Someone help me plz!! Thanks!
Aberystwyth University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Jorheoca

Great to hear that you are considering Aberystwyth. Have you visited both Universities yet? The best advice I can give you is to visit both and get a feel of life as a student on campus before making your decision. Attending an Open Day is a great opportunity to visit academic departments, meet staff and students, view accommodation options and explore the campus and town. I could also put you in touch with a current Computer Science student, or one of the lecturers if you're interested?

Would you be looking for 2019 or 2020 entry? If you are a current applicant, you could also visit us during an upcoming Applicant Visiting Day
Or if not, our upcoming Open Day dates are: Wednesday 10 July 2019, Saturday 14 September 2019, Saturday 12 October 2019, Saturday 9 November 2019.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Kind regards
Sulwen
Catrin Fay
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don’t know if I’m late but definitely open days!! I’ve been to open days at both and the Bangor summer school and loved both! Such a good time to ask loads of questions and get a feel of how you’d fit in, decided I’m applying to both and see how i get on with getting accepted or not
Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there Jorheoca

I agree with Catrin Fay, open days are a fantastic way to get a real feel for a university, it’s campus and it’s teaching! At Aberystwyth we have some open days coming up on the 14th September, 12th October and 9th November. However if you are looking for 2019 entry then these may be too late.

If you have any other questions about student life in general or student life in Aberystwyth, please don’t hesitate to get in touch! I have been a student in Aber for three years now so can hopefully offer some good advice!

Eliza
Bangor Uni
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Jorheoca

Very pleased to hear that Bangor University is one of your university choices!

When it comes to making a decision about which University is right for you, there are lots of factors to consider from the course itself, to student accommodation, and student life. You’ll find out more about all these on our website, and it’s also worth taking a look at our virtual student experience which will give you a feel of what the University and location is like: www.bangor.ac.uk/virtual-experience/

Bangor University won the title of Best Student Clubs and Societies in the UK for the third year running at the 2019 What Uni awards. We have over 150 different Clubs and Societies which are all free to join

Also, as you mention that you’ll be coming to the UK to study, you might be interested in contacting our International Student Ambassadors? See the relevant web page and click on the photos to ask a question www.bangor.ac.uk/international/ambassadors/

Please let us know if you’d like to chat to a member of staff from Computer Sciences? They’d be happy to phone or e-mail you to discuss the course, and answer any questions you might have

Please get in touch if I can help in anyway, best wishes, Llinos
Last edited by Bangor Uni; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (78)
21.73%
No (281)
78.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed