The Student Room Group

Is it too late?

Ok , so basically I'm a little worried because i would like to change my grades to 7,8 or 9 in science and maths currently I've achieved 6's , with only about 82 days left can i still be able to change this?
In my other subjects i am obtaining the top bands
Original post by Dodgy_Bangout101
Ok , so basically I'm a little worried because i would like to change my grades to 7,8 or 9 in science and maths currently I've achieved 6's , with only about 82 days left can i still be able to change this?

Yes you can if you work hard.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Yes you can if you work hard.

Have you already sat your GCSEs?

I did the old spec triple science, so I know I won't be too much help here but I got A*s in each of them literally by memorizing the spec and doing every single past paper and question. I did the new spec maths and went from getting 6-7s in classes to a 9 at the end. Literally, the only way to get a good grade is practice. If you are a procrastinator like me, create an intense time table to make sure you have some sort of revision each day.

This next bit might be some bad advice so take it or leave it, but for me, I found waking up early at around 4-5 to revise before school was very useful. If you start your day off revising or being productive, you will stay on track for the rest of the day. Although the sleep schedule becomes haywire at the beginning, it becomes easier and is much more helpful than staying up at night to revise. Make sure to give yourself a few hours of rest and make sure you do not go on your phone first thing in the morning. I hope this helps. Make sure you work hard.

PS don't underestimate the other exams, you must revise a tonne for them too. I relaxed on geography because I was acing each class test but I did not do as well as I expected and should have in my actual GCSEs
Have you already sat your GCSEs?

Yes I have.

I got all 9s in all my subjects and I found that regularly doing questions is key because you'll become used to the question types and the format of the papers. Ask people to explain things to you when you're struggling or use YouTube videos to help you grasp some of the concepts
yes. i was getting 6/7s in maths and got an 8 in the summer exams. do plenty of practice papers and always go to your teacher if you don't get anything. that's what i did with maths- it's just a matter of being consistent. lots of good resources out there online beyond the exam boards- corbettmaths, mathsgenie, hegartymaths, dr frost maths...

Quick Reply

Latest