Student loan for internationals Watch

bonchie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello, I am an Italian citizen but I have lived outside the EU for the last 10 years so I believe I won't qualify for a (government funded) student loan and will be classified as an international student. However, I can't afford to pay the tuition fee so I have been looking at other private company/commercial bank loans instead.
I would like to know if this is something that other international students have done, and if there are any recommendations on the subject.

Many thanks,

B
SFE Nihad
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bonchie)
Hello, I am an Italian citizen but I have lived outside the EU for the last 10 years so I believe I won't qualify for a (government funded) student loan and will be classified as an international student. However, I can't afford to pay the tuition fee so I have been looking at other private company/commercial bank loans instead.
I would like to know if this is something that other international students have done, and if there are any recommendations on the subject.

Many thanks,

B
Hi B,

Was your stay outside of the EU temporary?

Regards,
Nihad
bonchie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello,
My stay wasn't temporary, and unfortunately, I don't have any evidence that says otherwise. In other words, my family moved "officially" out of the EU and I am moving back on my own to study. I have already received uni offers but still trying to sort out the finance.

Regards,

B
SFE Nihad
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bonchie)
Hello,
My stay wasn't temporary, and unfortunately, I don't have any evidence that says otherwise. In other words, my family moved "officially" out of the EU and I am moving back on my own to study. I have already received uni offers but still trying to sort out the finance.

Regards,

B
Hi B,

I see. Unfortunately in this case, you would have had a break in residency which would mean you don't meet the residency criteria for us.

When did you come back to the EU?

Regards,
Nihad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.34%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.61%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.49%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (35)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.3%
How can I be the best version of myself? (73)
29.92%

Watched Threads