maintence loan Watch

angel1979
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
hi, ive just been told from OU that because i am a continueing student i cant apply for maintence loan for 2018/2019, so they wont confirm i am on the course to student finance.
Erin SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by angel1979)
hi, ive just been told from OU that because i am a continueing student i cant apply for maintence loan for 2018/2019, so they wont confirm i am on the course to student finance.
Hi there,

When did you begin your course and when are you starting your new year?

Thanks, Erin
angel1979
Rep:
?
(Original post by Erin SFE)
Hi there,

When did you begin your course and when are you starting your new year?

Thanks, Erin
Hi Erin, i did an access course first which was in 2017, then i started my BA honour in health and Social care in 2018.
SFE Nihad
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi Erin, i did an access course first which was in 2017, then i started my BA honour in health and Social care in 2018.
Hi,

When in 2018?

Are you studying a Distance Learning course due to disability?

Regards,
Nihad
angel1979
Rep:
?
yes i am
SFE Aaron
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yes i am
Hi, in order to be assessed for some help towards living costs, we'll need to see evidence that you can't attend a course in person due to a disability. The evidence required is as follows:

- Medical evidence from your GP or Consultant confirming your condition prevents you from travelling to/from your university, as well as physically attending.
- Evidence that you have had discussions with multiple universities about the facilities available, accessibility and why the universities cannot accommodate your requirements. This could be in the form of emails/correspondence between you and the universities.
- Written confirmation from you on how your condition impacts your day-to-day life.
- Evidence from you showing how you support yourself financially i.e. benefits/employment.

Please send your evidence to Student Finance England, PO Box 210, Darlington, DL1 9HJ. Thanks, Aaron.
angel1979
Rep:
?
hello, i have sent off all this information, and i was accepted but open university are saying i shouldnt of been as i am a continueing student.
angel1979
Rep:
?
hello, i have sent off all this information, and i was accepted but open university are saying i shouldnt of been as i am a continueing student.
i am having to take it further with university.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (30)
13.1%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
9.17%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
21.83%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (32)
13.97%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (27)
11.79%
How can I be the best version of myself? (69)
30.13%

Watched Threads