The Student Room Group

maintence loan

hi, ive just been told from OU that because i am a continueing student i cant apply for maintence loan for 2018/2019, so they wont confirm i am on the course to student finance.
Original post by angel1979
hi, ive just been told from OU that because i am a continueing student i cant apply for maintence loan for 2018/2019, so they wont confirm i am on the course to student finance.

Hi there,

When did you begin your course and when are you starting your new year?

Thanks, Erin
Reply 2
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi there,

When did you begin your course and when are you starting your new year?

Thanks, Erin

Hi Erin, i did an access course first which was in 2017, then i started my BA honour in health and Social care in 2018.
Hi Erin, i did an access course first which was in 2017, then i started my BA honour in health and Social care in 2018.

Hi,

When in 2018?

Are you studying a Distance Learning course due to disability?

Regards,
Nihad
Reply 4
yes i am
yes i am

Hi, in order to be assessed for some help towards living costs, we'll need to see evidence that you can't attend a course in person due to a disability. The evidence required is as follows:

- Medical evidence from your GP or Consultant confirming your condition prevents you from travelling to/from your university, as well as physically attending.
- Evidence that you have had discussions with multiple universities about the facilities available, accessibility and why the universities cannot accommodate your requirements. This could be in the form of emails/correspondence between you and the universities.
- Written confirmation from you on how your condition impacts your day-to-day life.
- Evidence from you showing how you support yourself financially i.e. benefits/employment.

Please send your evidence to Student Finance England, PO Box 210, Darlington, DL1 9HJ. Thanks, Aaron.
Reply 6
hello, i have sent off all this information, and i was accepted but open university are saying i shouldnt of been as i am a continueing student.
Reply 7
hello, i have sent off all this information, and i was accepted but open university are saying i shouldnt of been as i am a continueing student.

i am having to take it further with university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending